Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:45 PM

Two terrible terriers at a dog show?

[IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

These are some pictures from a dog show we went to today near Fakenham. I don't normally take Cherry to dog shows as she is scared of large dogs but we all went today.
I entered Cherry in "Prettiest bitch" class and she came 2nd out of over 12 dogs! It's not just the sympathy vote (she only has 1 eye now ) as the judge said she was in very good condition for her age.

She behaved very well, the only other dog she didn't like was another Kerry Blue bitch!

Parker's 1st place rosette was for winning the "Most obedient dog" class out of about 15 dogs. They said just to show something your dog was good at so Parker did a little reportoire of his heelwork to music moves and the judge said she had no hesitation in awarding him the first place!

The dog that won "Best in Show" was a worthy choice as it was a Labrador bitch that had been badly attacked by another dog (I knew this as the judge asked her why it had a special harness on and it was because of the wounds around its throat area ). Jamie said he had walked near it with Parker and it was really scared of him poor thing.

We had a lovely afternoon out, bought some plants and a book and a lovely home-made cake and all in aid of charity too.

Thanks for looking!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Oops! I thought I had put all my pictures on the above but it has only shown one! I will have to display them one at a time-sorry!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:47 PM

More of the same!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Well done all of you. Sounds like you had a brilliant day and to cap it all came home with rosettes.
Your dogs are lovely, you must be really proud of them.
Congratulations. x
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:49 PM
well done and i didn't even notice cherry's eye till i read it below xx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Well done all of you. Sounds like you had a brilliant day and to cap it all came home with rosettes.
Your dogs are lovely, you must be really proud of them.
Congratulations. x
Ah thank you! My "fun tank" needed filling up after the shock news that Cherry may have a tumour and I felt much brighter after today!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I have to say that Cherry's rogue ear along with her missing eye gives her an air of "je ne sais quoi" but definitely a dog with character!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
well done and i didn't even notice cherry's eye till i read it below xx
Ah thanks-that's sweet of you! People don't actually notice it funnily enough though obviously the judge at the dog show today did! She asked me how she came to lose the eye. Jamie and I have made up a story about this which is a lot more exciting than the truth-we sometimes say that she lost it defending me from a mugger!! Jamie said if I had told the judge that I would probably have taken best in show with her today as the dog that won had a sob story! He is awful!!!

When her hair grows you will not be able to notice it as she will have long hair over that side (like Parker's). We always tie Parker's hair back with a bobble when he's not at dog shows (even though he does get people laughing at him with a bobble in-he doesn't seem to mind!)
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I have to say that Cherry's rogue ear along with her missing eye gives her an air of "je ne sais quoi" but definitely a dog with character!
Thanks SB! I was laughing to Jamie on the way home about how ironic it was that "nice but dim" Parker had won the class for using his brain (he has a lot of showing awards and was unplaced in his class today), and one-eyed "flopsy-mongrel ear" Cherry had come 2nd for her beauty!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >