Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:37 AM

I fell over

Has this ever happend to anyone else?

I have some really good walking boots but when I tie the lases they wave around a bit, normally I tuck them in but yesterday one side came out and caught on the hook on my other boot , I was walking pretty fast at the time so ended up flat on my face (triped myself up how stupid is that) I now have a cut above and below my right eye and it it turning a nasty colour this morning, I have a very puffy right hand and a cut on my knee
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2011, 07:39 AM
8 weeks ago i fell over walking dogs and knocked myself out and broke my collar bone
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
Has this ever happend to anyone else?

I have some really good walking boots but when I tie the lases they wave around a bit, normally I tuck them in but yesterday one side came out and caught on the hook on my other boot , I was walking pretty fast at the time so ended up flat on my face (triped myself up how stupid is that) I now have a cut above and below my right eye and it it turning a nasty colour this morning, I have a very puffy right hand and a cut on my knee
Poor you . I posted about my boots on the bane of your dog walks thread. My laces defy me as well Hope you are better soon.

Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
8 weeks ago i fell over walking dogs and knocked myself out and broke my collar bone
Blimey Krusewalker. Sounds very nasty, were you far away from help when that happened?
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Last summer , I had a bit of a fall when a dog that had escaped his owners was running around and getting very excitable with the other dogs who were all on lead, the dog ran up to us , Tom lunged and over I went , the worst bit of was I had a poo bag in my hand I had just picked up and it got squashed between me and Tom and the contents were all over the front of my white top ! Not my most pleasant experience ! Bad enough to be on the deck but covered in dog poo too Eeeooww ! Hope your injuries heal soon
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:24 AM
A few years ago after attending a KC HPR training course on a grouse moor I was taking my dogs out of the car into the Travelodge north bound (Scotch Corner) which as anyone who has been there will know is right on the very busy A1.

I tripped and instead of letting the dogs go and saving myself I kept hold of them and hence broke my nose.

This would have been bad enough, but the next couple of day I had to give an Accident Investigation course whilst my face was going technicolour (I had to fly too).
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Ouch all sounds very painful. As a nursery nurse and being very clumsy I often trip over daft things, last time I feel over I was scootering around on a bike designed for a 2-3 year old. I often have the back of my legs taken out as Cookie has no sense to slow down before crashing into me, so if I don't see him coming from behind or I give my go around me command a little late it can be painful.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Im footless! Some months ago i fell down in the hall, tripped over front doorstep coming into the house! Twisted my leg & couldnt get up!! Had mum & dogs across road in the car & she cant cross the road unaided! Had to phone my brother who fortunately lives in the village & he & my nephew came up. Very gallant, they had me upright in a jiffy!

Milk maid & KW - hope you are both ok?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2011, 02:52 PM
im ok now, it healed in 6 wks.

luckily i was in the fields behind my house.

i regained consciouness and then dragged myself and 3 dogs back to my house.
the owner collected her dogs, my mum called an ambulance

i was still dog walking thru the 6 weeks though
but i had a chaufer!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 03:17 PM
That's a relief, I had visions of you miles from nowhere passed out in a field. Glad you are all healed now!
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Oh I am so glad its not just me

KW, SB and Velvetboxers ....... Ouch

Tom ............yuck
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >