Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Can you take your dog anywhere??

I have had to come to london for a few days and brought Oz with me..
I gotta say he has been great, slept well and walked fine in a strange park..
My question -are your dogs happy anywhere or does change of enviroment upset them??
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Mine are great visiting anyone, holidaying anywhere in the uk, phew. B&B's, hotels, other people's doggy households no problem. They sleep fine, eat fine and just generally love it! Oh and they are great travellers too. I am always so grateful for this x
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 03:19 PM
4 of mine are fine ...... 1 has some issues
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I always say wherever Jed lays his hat, thats his home. He can go to sleep anywhere and will usually lie down and quietly rest within a few minutes. Jessie wouldnt be a problem anywhere neither although she might struggle in a big city as she is nervous of traffic. Flynn is a bit more into everything, takes longer to settle and doesnt like to be left in a strange place without me.

Before we had Jessie, we went to visit my cousin in Bournemouth and took the dogs with us. Jed happily settled straight away in the conservatory but Flynn just kept wailing and whining and kicking up a fuss. He was only a pup then though and settled well recently when we went to Suffolk for a few days.

A change of environment doesnt upset them although they do get a bit thrown but they like exploring new places so it's just the accommodation which takes more adjusting to.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 03:24 PM
my are fine where ever i take them. although Coleman ( X-staffie) is travel sick so public transport is a no no!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Teagan will settle just about anywhere.....she cries for first night if she's staying at Isochicks and im not there.
But if I am there, she is good anywhere (as long as no other dogs in room with her!)
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm glad he's adapted so well
Axel is fine in most new situations now, some take him a few minutes to acclimatise and then he's fine. He's happy pretty much anywhere so long as he's with us
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Ours are fine, they love anywhere we are
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2011, 03:40 PM
3 of mine are fine. My inuit has issues with being elsewhere, gets quite stressed we take him the my inlaws in blackpool once a year he is fine in the house and on the beach (pleanty of room) doesn't like being out in public get very stressed and barks if the children wander more than 10 feet away. so I either leave him at home (inlaws) or we go to the beach.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 03:49 PM
I can and do take my dogs everywhere. My youngest has been travelling with me since he was 7 weeks old and he is now 6 years old.

In the last 6 years by dogs have travelled over 240,000 miles with me. They have stayed at numerous hotels, B& Bs, friends houses; they eat, drink, sleep anywhere; town or country.

It is a testament to their breeding (and my training I believe) that they are comfortable anywhere and with anyone.

This means I have such a lot of freedom as my life is not restricted in any way.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >