Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2011, 11:33 AM

Poo sweeping

I have just done the weekly poo sweeping of the front yard and as always I wonder how come a small/medium size dog weighing 17 kilos can produce so much!

She never poos when I take her out even though I carry bags in the basket of my scooter just in case, but as soon as we get home it's gotta go, gotta go time.

Is she just a bit fussy or what?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Well puppies normally only eliminate at home due to not wanting to draw attention to themselves and their vulnerability.

It can be extremely useful to teach your dogs to eliminate prior to exercise as a) it means you do not have to carry bags around and b) they learn that going out is contingent on this so they do not delay elimination when out; dogs get crafty and know that you take em back home when they have emptied!

My dogs are raw fed so leave very little residue! A bonus in hot weather!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Well all I can say is there can't be that much if you can get away with doing it once a week.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Well all I can say is there can't be that much if you can get away with doing it once a week.
Well there is but it is just in one very small area and I can only manage to do it once a week. Luckily it is in the corner of the yard out of sight [and smell although it does not pong] of anyone going past, and just needs sweeping into the jungle of the side yard.

But she appears to poo about four times a day...

...which seems rather a lot of poo
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 01:19 PM
I poo pick every day having two medium-sized dogs and a small garden. Any less frequent and I would be sick!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I have just done the weekly poo sweeping of the front yard and as always I wonder how come a small/medium size dog weighing 17 kilos can produce so much!

She never poos when I take her out even though I carry bags in the basket of my scooter just in case, but as soon as we get home it's gotta go, gotta go time.

Is she just a bit fussy or what?
Weekly try daily and wondering were it all comes from
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I do mine twice a day,and hose and disinfect as well. Do not have the option of sweeping into a corner! I have next door neighbours and would get comments about "flies" excess of if I did not perform this routine everyday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 05:05 PM
I do mine twice a day too. I could not bear all that to clean once a week.
Why can you only do yours once a week?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Once a week is back breaking bending up & down esp when grass gets lOnger.

I think its fantastic your dog only pooh & wee at home - ours are like that. I do carry bags - force of habit. Before we leave i send ours up the garden to toilet
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Get your self to the £ shop and get a couple of long handle dust pans takes all the back work out of it.

You can dunk in a bucket of disinfectant and just throw them out when you want cheap enought at a £1
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >