Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2011, 02:09 PM

What is wrong with these managers.

So Mr Zuckeerburg you hold yourself up as some genius yet you allow all sorts of hatred to be published for all the world to see, you're as bad as the people doing this:-

A "community" of internet users is targeting grieving relatives by posting cruel comments and pictures to memorial pages created on social networking sites. Some so-called "trolls" have attacked a site dedicated to a teenager who hanged himself after being bullied over the web.
"It's organised, they target recent memorial pages and it's mostly the young where they can cause the most upset," said Robert Mullaney, whose son, Tom, took his own life.
"They go on there - two, three, four of them - they leave vile comments and they sit back and see who responds the most.
"I assume they have some kind of points system. It's a sick game."
Tom was 15 when his dad discovered his body at the family home in Bournville, Birmingham, last year.
He and wife Tracy were at first comforted by tributes left on [a social network], but then horrified by other, vicious postings.

What I can't understand is why anyone bothers with Mr. Zuuckerbergs silly site, what is the benefit to anyone
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 02:31 PM
This was very sad. My son (police officer) was one of those that attended when he was found, since then he has told me of the nasty things said and how upset the family have been.

I have to admit I have come of face of book for the exact same reasons......nothing said personal about me, but writing stuff about other people, it gets all too much very sad xxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I use it mainly for crossposting rescue dogs. Through it was how I discovered the rescue I foster for and without them I wouldn't have my wonderful Alfie now. The good side is amazing. People from different countries joining together to help animals. I love being part of that. But, I have seen things on there that I wish I never had. Hideous pages created by evil, sick people showing images of horrific animal abuse and torture. These pages can take days to be removed and the admin are incredibly slow to act.

A lot of us have been calling for a much stricter moderation on there. Innocent animal lovers have been banned for posting photos of dogs that need saving and yet abusers seem to be able to repost their deeply disturbing and distressing photos and videos time and time again.

I don't understand why it takes so long to act and also why they don't have more power to prosecute either. It's disgusting how these memorial pages are targeted and grieving families put through more stress and upset through the actions of others.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't think you can blame the site any more than you could blame a provoked dog for biting someone. It is just a tool after all, and sadly if people want to post those kind of comments they will do it through any avenue available. This is far from the first time this has happened. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...hp&oref=slogin
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 03:39 PM
That social networking site is full of people who slag off others, within their little "cliques,"childish, immature people who really should know better.

Thankfully the people I am "friends" with dont include themselves in such disgraceful behaviour, after all we are adults.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
I don't understand why it takes so long to act and also why they don't have more power to prosecute either. It's disgusting how these memorial pages are targeted and grieving families put through more stress and upset through the actions of others.
Well I just think it's disregarding his business responsibilities. He's making $millions out of this site and people just seem to think that he's a business genius. They could afford to have a whole team of people monitoring it and they have the legal teams in place to bring immediate prosecutions. I read today that he's considering going into China well I can guarantee that the Chinese will find a way to prevent this kind of thing.

Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
if people want to post those kind of comments they will do it through any avenue available. This is far from the first time this has happened. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...hp&oref=slogin
So, before Zuckerbergs silly idea took off grieving friends and relatives would likely have placed an advert in the local paper, do you think the editorial staff would have allowed such comments to appear No, of course not, and the point I'm trying to make is that before launching a flawed internet concept on the world clever clogs Zuckerberg should have thought it through and made it impossible for people to post these kind of thoughts for all the world to see.

Part of the reason that he gets so much publicity is because he claims to have 60 million subscribers, but in my view ten times that number it still wouldn't make it right.