Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluebunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2011, 03:07 PM

Dogs falling out :(

Just over a week ago this happened
Mildred has always been the boss George excepted this so has Winston, Arthur seems to be challenging her though and they almost went into scrap mode earliar over a nylabone that Arthur didnt want Mildred to have,It was just a lot of noise no marks on either dogs but shocked me that a 4 month old puppy can act that way,Am i going to end up having problems? I hope not sad

Then today
Id just come back from walking them took all there leads off in the garden,Winston was playing with a stick then Mildred joined in,Then from no where Arthur flew at Mildred started biting her and wouldnt let go,I grabbed Mildred as i picked her up Arthur was hanging on and wouldnt let go,I managed to get him off and tried to shut her the shed Arthur was still having a go,i got in the Milddle and got my thumb bit sad.gif Shut Mildred in the shed and took Arthur in the house,He has brusied Mildred where he was hanging on and its bleeding a little,Arthur had no marks,and i was very shaken up contacted a behaviourist this morning staright after and she suggested getting him neutered ASAP Hes nearly 5 months now
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Sorry but at 5 mths no one should make ANY suggestions like that without seeing you and your dogs.

It is unusual for a dog that young to go in that hard at a bitch.

I have no suggestions I am afraid except to be really careful and to have a full and proper vet check and find a decent behaviourist to come and see you.

Neutering is unlikely to make a huge difference.

rune
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 04:01 PM
It is unusual for a bitch not to be able to admonish an uppity pup, IME - was it your intervention that made it worse I wonder?
Maybe establishing a few boundaries would help (and a proper behaviourist as Rune says? Like a place when the older dogs can get away from the pup, not allowing unsupervised play, a bit of training in the house so he learns manners?
bluebunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Sorry but at 5 mths no one should make ANY suggestions like that without seeing you and your dogs.

It is unusual for a dog that young to go in that hard at a bitch.

I have no suggestions I am afraid except to be really careful and to have a full and proper vet check and find a decent behaviourist to come and see you.

Neutering is unlikely to make a huge difference.

rune
He has had a vet check all fine
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 04:32 PM
..i have had this a couple of times(different dogs) only the other week my little foster(he is also 5 months) attempted this with my oldest girl..it was over food and when i noticed my girl wasnt managing to tell him..i stepped in....hasnt happened again.
at 5 months i wouldnt say 'oh a bitch should be able to tell a young male off' of course this is the norm..but boundaries are tested
with mine it was all noise and bluster....and im sure it looked and sounded scary to you.
as said if you are unnerved get a a decent behaviourist to come and see you.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 05:52 PM
WHy did you shut the bitch in a shed & take the pup indoors? That doesnt make sense to me, almost as if you are letting him think its ok to have a go as you approve & to her its her to blame & gets shut in the shed
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
WHy did you shut the bitch in a shed & take the pup indoors? That doesnt make sense to me, almost as if you are letting him think its ok to have a go as you approve & to her its her to blame & gets shut in the shed
good point! ..missed that.
bluebunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Because the back door was locked as id just come back from a walk because id picked her up the shed door was open i just wanted to get them seperated asap so i put her in the shed with the rabbits came indoors with the pup put him in the kitchen,Then i let mildred out and back indoors he stayed in the kitchen for 15 mins,It was just easier than trying to get my key out to open the back door!!!!!!!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Really pleased to hear you have decided to consult Marie Miller, and best of luck with your woofers