Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Poor Drew (stupid me and water bottle).

Have to start off this thread stating how guilty I feel for poor Drewby.

Anyway the other day I noticed that Drew wasn't eating his pellets, which normally he does straight away (he is a mega greedy guts) so I watched him, and as he was still eating some hay I decided to leave him for a while and see whether he would eat them later, but when I checked him again he still hadn't eaten any pellets so I sat for about ten minutes watching him to see whether he would give any clues as to why he isn't eating, although at this time I remembered how much he drinks and looked and saw that his water bottle was complety fill up still, so I got it off his run and noticed after looking at it that the metal ball inside was stuck half way up the spout so he couldn't get any water out at all stupid me am so use to just putting the three bottles on all the different cages and runs for the lil pets that I forgot to shake it or anything to make sure that this didn't happen, and poor old Drew got stuck with no water for hours, poor thing when I sorted his water out (and also gave him a bowl) was so thirsty, I can't believe that just because my mind slipped that he had this happen poor guy although I did then get some carrots to give him some carrot tops, I think that helped a bit.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Aw, i wouldn't worry about it, he's fine now and i'm sure he's already forgiven you (for bringing him food etc.)
That happens quite a bit at college but i've known them go for a whole day without water which is appaulling just because people don't attach the water bottles properly to the side of the cages. (worse when they're that desperate and they fight over it )
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Thats sad that the rabbits end up fighting for water at times tbh I think that Drews forgotten about it now, but I haven't, now I'm extra careful with the water bottles that I use
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Aww dont beat yourself up about it. Its happened to me before, I use a chicken drinker thing now lol
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 12:33 PM
When I was growing up we use to use them sort of things for food and water (we had many rabbits it was just easier), I might look into getting a couple again actually, although Harmony does like having a stress sometimes I bet that madam will do her best to knock something like that over lol.