Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:48 PM

Dog knickers

http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item...e-Pants--pants

I bought these for Sadie before the Dogsey walk as she was spotting and my little'un was quite interested in her. Does anyone else use them?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:30 PM
no not used them but they look a good idea
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I have to fath about with taking them on and off when she goes wees though. Luckily I only use them for when we go out or are in bed with Louie being 9 months old and a numpty - I have to be careful - I'm not going to run the risk, whereas she has been around entire males whilst in season before and not let them at all - in fact some haven't been interested, I think she may be holding hormones or something.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:43 PM
They wont stop louie when she's ready to be mated lol.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
They wont stop louie when she's ready to be mated lol.
I know - more precaution for that weekend though. She's at home til the 11th Feb so she should've had her season and be done with it. So she's away from Louie.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Mouse wears them when she's in heat, just to keep the blood from getting everywhere... for a tiny little dog, she bleeds alot
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I know - more precaution for that weekend though. She's at home til the 11th Feb so she should've had her season and be done with it. So she's away from Louie.
You do know they can be mated from day 7 to 23 lol. I had a stud dog mate a bitch on day 22 and one mate a bitch on day 8.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Silly question but wouldnt speying her be easier?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
You do know they can be mated from day 7 to 23 lol. I had a stud dog mate a bitch on day 22 and one mate a bitch on day 8.
They never get/got chance to. Sadie's owner has tried breeding from her before - cos they love her temperament so found two equally tempered males - she wouldn't stand for either of them. She's my spinster dog. Sadie is attached to my hip all the time anyway so I'm always aware of what's going off and I have her for the weekend again, so at night she will be in one room as when we go out. And they'll go out to the loo separate too...I am cautious - I'm not silly
And funnily enough it's Benjie (neutered at 9 months) who is more interested in her than Louie (entire - 9 months) Louie just wants to play fight.

Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Silly question but wouldn't speying her be easier?
Alas she's not my dog otherwise that would be my answer for it, I have suggested it to her owner who is now thinking about it as I pointed out Pyometra to her. And Louie isn't being done til he's a year old - it's a man thing.

So we're being careful and taking precautions - like the knickers and separating her.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
They never get/got chance to. Sadie's owner has tried breeding from her before - cos they love her temperament so found two equally tempered males - she wouldn't stand for either of them. She's my spinster dog. Sadie is attached to my hip all the time anyway so I'm always aware of what's going off and I have her for the weekend again, so at night she will be in one room as when we go out. And they'll go out to the loo separate too...I am cautious - I'm not silly
And funnily enough it's Benjie (neutered at 9 months) who is more interested in her than Louie (entire - 9 months) Louie just wants to play fight.

Alas she's not my dog otherwise that would be my answer for it, I have suggested it to her owner who is now thinking about it as I pointed out Pyometra to her. And Louie isn't being done til he's a year old - it's a man thing.

So we're being careful and taking precautions - like the knickers and separating her.
Of course, sorry I didnt mean to sound sarcy at all
Hope that her owner will agree with you about speying her then.
I think Gem will be done at around a year old x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >