Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 05:59 PM

Etta in Action (English Springer)

Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 06:07 PM
That is the most 'head in the air' I have seen in a springer, mine is nose down, chasing in and around sniffing!
jackal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Wow, I wish my camera could capture this sort of thing. Even on 'sports setting' if the dog is moving, it comes out blurred.
Springers are amazing, like perpetual motion machines.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 06:43 PM
RM - Louie's the same!

Etta is beautiful
lwatson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Gorgeous.

My phone camera is the same with blurred photos but always forget to take SLR with me when I go for a walk!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Etta would have been head down and still is if I don't take a ball. I got her hooked on the ball or any toy in fact----it means I don't have problems with her hunting any more.

rune
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Etta would have been head down and still is if I don't take a ball. I got her hooked on the ball or any toy in fact----it means I don't have problems with her hunting any more.

rune
Do you have any tips for getting them hooked on a ball/toy, we are okay in doors, but outdoors nothing works. He came from strong working lines so maybe it wont happen, but wonder if you have any suggestions!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Aww Bless Beautiful girlie Lovely shots Thanks for sharing x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Do you have any tips for getting them hooked on a ball/toy, we are okay in doors, but outdoors nothing works. He came from strong working lines so maybe it wont happen, but wonder if you have any suggestions!
You need to make the ball (or toy) really important, I didn't find it too difficult with a spaniel as they are possessive anyway. I taught her to give things back to me then I think I used the long line and made the toy do exciting things and rewarded her with good things when she brought it back to me. To begin with it was a special toy, in fact it still is as she only has balls on a walk.

Hope that helps.

rune
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
You need to make the ball (or toy) really important, I didn't find it too difficult with a spaniel as they are possessive anyway. I taught her to give things back to me then I think I used the long line and made the toy do exciting things and rewarded her with good things when she brought it back to me. To begin with it was a special toy, in fact it still is as she only has balls on a walk.

Hope that helps.

rune
Wow, thanks Rune - that helps me too!

Although Louie has more Lab in him in the sense that he isn't possessive with us..he works like a Springer though - nose down - tail wagging - ignorance is bliss mindframe
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >