View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Thought we cracked it, but we haven't ... any ideas?

honestly thought we had daphni's diet sorted. we really havent

switched over to raw and it seemed to be going well plenty of variety so she didnt get bored.... but now daphni wont eat it...

the past few days daphni hasnt wanted her food, as soon as its put down she takes a sniff and then walks away and lies down.

i know its not medical because she tries to eat my nanas dogs food (hes fed different) and she constantly scrounges if there is other food on offer.

honestly dont know what to do. i dont know what to try. i wanted her food as natural as possible so honestly dont know what to do....

asbo isnt a problem he will eat anything

but definately need some suggestions ofwhat to do with daphni
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2010, 07:05 PM
How about fish4dogs kibble nice and fishy and smelly all natural too. Or just micro-waving the raw or a second or two too bring out the smell.
Not having a fussy eater at a loss with any other suggestions sorry.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
How about fish4dogs kibble nice and fishy and smelly all natural too. Or just micro-waving the raw or a second or two too bring out the smell.
Not having a fussy eater at a loss with any other suggestions sorry.
tried fish 4 dogs, she picked at it a couple of times and then she ignored it. tried microwaving, she still doesnt want it. added cheese cos she loves it... nothing.

at the minute im just trying that if she hasnt eaten in half an hour im picking it up and she waits till the next meal, so she would learn meal time is when i feed her. saw that victoria stillwell tried this and it worked, but im feeling a bit stingy now because she didnt eat this morning and she hasnt eaten it now...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Let the other dog eat it. That usually works.
kargus
New Member!
Female 

29-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
honestly thought we had daphni's diet sorted. we really havent

switched over to raw and it seemed to be going well plenty of variety so she didnt get bored.... but now daphni wont eat it...

the past few days daphni hasnt wanted her food, as soon as its put down she takes a sniff and then walks away and lies down.

i know its not medical because she tries to eat my nanas dogs food (hes fed different) and she constantly scrounges if there is other food on offer.

honestly dont know what to do. i dont know what to try. i wanted her food as natural as possible so honestly dont know what to do....

asbo isnt a problem he will eat anything

but definately need some suggestions ofwhat to do with daphni
hi - how about just grating some mature cheese on her food, thats what I do when my dog looks at it and walks away, then she tucks in, not much just enough on the top, that way she is still getting fat and protein and she should then eat her way through most of her normal stuff
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Let the other dog eat it. That usually works.
therye not interested after theyve eaten their own lol god knows what im going to do.

thing is she still does her walk during the day, offlead too, so you would think with the energy shes using she would want something to fill her up. ive stopped giving treats during the day to try and make it work.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by kargus View Post
hi - how about just grating some mature cheese on her food, thats what I do when my dog looks at it and walks away, then she tucks in, not much just enough on the top, that way she is still getting fat and protein and she should then eat her way through most of her normal stuff
ive tried that because she loves cheese, but she still wont eat it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2010, 07:18 PM
How about some nice tinned sardines in oil or mackerel ?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 07:20 PM
These cresteds can be so picky when allowed to be. Dont let her be, choose what you want to feed her and stick to it - when she is hungry she will eat..

imo if you change it every few weeks as she refuses to eat it, then you will just cause your self more problems.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
These cresteds can be so picky when allowed to be. Dont let her be, choose what you want to feed her and stick to it - when she is hungry she will eat..

imo if you change it every few weeks as she refuses to eat it, then you will just cause your self more problems.
well you know what shes on now... i do my own raw diet and on that she gets

beef
tripe
lamb
rabbit
now and again has the chicken cos shes not too keen
vegetables
bit of pasta
tuna
chicken wings (but she didnt really like)
and i want to try the heart liver n kidneys when i can order some..

you have seen the diet sheet... shes just being fussy. picked it up again, she will go hungry till morning now.... feel so mean though..
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »