Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
janisp666@hotma
New Member!
Female 

14-11-2010, 09:40 AM

G S with mylopathy

Hi Ive never done anything like this before, but feel I could do with some support from anyone going through the same as us. Our beautiful G S has degenerative mylopathy now entering the advanced stages. We have stayed totally commited to making his life enjoyable and comfortable. We are still coping but feel that any feed back from anyone else going through this nightmare sinario would be of great comfort. Keano is 9, pure white and long haired, He now gets around (outside the house) in wheels which have been an absolute god send. In doors he drags himself from A to B. We still feel he is a happy dog, he enjoys his walks and goes to hydotherapy which he loves, but we know this disease is progressing and dark decisions will at some time have to be made. Hope this dosent sound to morbid, but just need some feedback
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Hiya and welcome to Dogsey. I am so sorry to hear about Keano's condition It is such a cruel disease. I have a 9 year old GSD bitch and, although she hasn't been diagnosed, I have a feeling she is in the early stages of DM.

My friend has a GSD bitch who suffered from it and she also purchased some wheels for her to get around on. She loved it, and it certainly gave her another few months of good quality life.

I would love to see some photos of your beautiful dog, and I am sure there will be others on here who have had dogs suffer with DM who you can chat to and discuss worries with.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I`ve no experience of this but just wanted to say that I admire you for what you are doing for this dog. And also... piccies?
janisp666@hotma
New Member!
Female 

14-11-2010, 10:52 AM
hi, will get som on later today......