Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
larz34
New Member!
Male 

20-10-2010, 09:25 PM

Gastro tummy bug

Hi! my name is Laura, I need a little advice about my doggie, last friday i took him to my vet with sickness and diaorreah and he couldnt even keep water down, he was given antibiotics, anti sickness tablets and a liquid to put a lining on his stomach, told not to feed him for 24 hours then feed him pasta and rice for a few days as he had gastro interitis, which i did. He soon became his usual bouncy self, but his poo is still runny and im sure there is blood which is light red in colour in it. Can anyone offer a little advice please. Oh he is eating as normal.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi Laura, it might be just as well to ring your vet in the morning and just fill him in on what is happening. I am sure that he will reassure you but it is best to be safe.

After such a bad bout of sickness your dog's digestive system is going to be very tender and rather unstable.........the runny poo should settle down, especially if you increase the ratio of rice to pasta. The pale blood is more than likely just a result of the irritation of his gut lining and will gradually disappear.

As your dog is back to bouncing, then I would think that you are well on the road to a full recovery!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 05:54 AM
I agree with the above post.

However, if you are in any way concerned, just give your vet a call for some advice and reassurance.

larz34
New Member!
Male 

21-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Thankyou for your advice, i will keep an eye on Mavrick, he is my pride and joy as we hand reared him from birth.
At the moment he is trying to play with the cat!!!