Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 06:44 PM

They're off

Fireworks are now in the supermarkets for sale and theres loads going off tonight including in the garden behind me. The dogs are absolutly petrified.
Charly came home from work and Kyiro in his panic ran past her out into the road, luckily she did manage to get him back.
They will probably be non stop now until December as you even get morons letting them off during the day round here
I hate this time of year so much.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 07:22 PM
im so glad that kyiro didnt get hurt, i hate the fireworks, ty doesnt like them either, we have been lucky so far none have been let off around here YET but i dont know what this area is like round this time of year, hopefully there wont be any too close being set off
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I hate fire works.... I cant help but worry about the wildlife, and of course the domestic pets that dont cope well!.. so dangerous, and I guess we will here more stories about how there used in the wrong way!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I don't mind the fireworks but I hate Parker's response to them as he wuffs constantly whilst they are going off. I know he can't help it but I am really noise sensitive and his barking goes right through me! I think I will get some tranquilisers (for me!).

If we are outside and they are going off he is not bothered at all-just hated it when he is indoors.

One good thing I have noticed since the recession is that we haven't had half as many fireworks going off before the big day. We live near a big field where kids used t set them off at night from September onwards and that doesn't seem to happen now thankfully.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Fudge will be wearing her anxiety wrap LOTS!!!!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 12:47 AM
In the UK you can buy fireworks
They are banned here, I think the best you can get is sparklers!! I thought they would have been banned in the UK too. It is about safety issues, you need a pyrotechnics licence to get then, there is the odd illegal ones but that is only every now and again.
Another reason to move to Australia
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
In the UK you can buy fireworks
They are banned here, I think the best you can get is sparklers!! I thought they would have been banned in the UK too. It is about safety issues, you need a pyrotechnics licence to get then, there is the odd illegal ones but that is only every now and again.
Another reason to move to Australia
Yes, unfortunately! There is an age limit (16?) but it doesn't seem to stop many kids getting hold of them.

I wouldn't mind if it was confined to 5th Nov & New Year's Eve, but just going off randomly from now till January has such horrible effects on some dogs. One of my friend's dogs just gets scared going out after dark after she hears the first lot of fireworks .

We've planned a lovely day out on 5th Nov this year, as we're both taking the day off work, giving the dogs a long & exciting walk at Ashdown Forest, hopefully pub lunch, then another walk & big dinner, before battening down the hatches & having the TV on loudly all evening! As long as my lap's available Barney will cope & Wilma doesn't bat an eyelid at loud bangs .
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 06:32 AM
They are off here too.
At least over the last week every night and during the day too

I've been lucky upto now, Reah always is happy if we pop a blanket over her and Bruce and Skye are not 'firework' bothered never have been.....yayyyyyyyy and neither is Tess so I am so pleased about that because I did wonder whether Tess would react
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2010, 07:15 AM
We have had them going off for about 3 weeks, night and day. poor hooch is going to be a jibbering wreak by january.
I have never been able to understand why they do it during the day, you can't see anything, a double waste of money.
Fudge, would love to know more about the blanket?
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Am glad Kyiro is ok. They've been going off here day and night for 2/3 weeks too. Last year even at 6am I loathe and destest fireworks and the idiots who revel in causing misery with them even more. Good luck everyone
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >