Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lees
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2010, 04:34 PM

Any ideas on pup's odd pooing pattern?

Brandy is on wainwrights puppy trays and has been for some time now and her poos have been fine, a few weeks ago i also introduced the wainwrights dry complete to alternate meals. I introduced it slowly until being able to give a full meal of dry complete as one of her daily meals, all seemed fine. She normally goes for a poo approx 3 times a day. She always on waking around 7am and its normal but this last week only when she goes again its really quite loose and very hard to pick up, but then when she goes agin later in the day its back to normal until the following morning when she does her 2nd its all loose again?
Im just wondering what could be causing this as it has not been like this before at all
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 04:45 PM
I have the same thing here, and I don't think it's much to worry about quite honestly. Although mine is now 23 months old, it's still the same pattern. Her first morning poo is totally normal, then she has another sometimes, again normal, but the 3rd one if she does it is quite sloppy! then later on at mid-day or early evening it's back to normal! Who knows the secret of the perfect poo!!!!

When you think about it, it's probably because that first one has been sitting there in the bowel for quite a while, overnight, and as she releases that one, along comes the next which is a lot fresher?! That's my take on it anyway, I'm sure it's normal, but we'll see, other peops might say different!
lees
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I have the same thing here, and I don't think it's much to worry about quite honestly. Although mine is now 23 months old, it's still the same pattern. Her first morning poo is totally normal, then she has another sometimes, again normal, but the 3rd one if she does it is quite sloppy! then later on at mid-day or early evening it's back to normal! Who knows the secret of the perfect poo!!!!

When you think about it, it's probably because that first one has been sitting there in the bowel for quite a while, overnight, and as she releases that one, along comes the next which is a lot fresher?! That's my take on it anyway, I'm sure it's normal, but we'll see, other peops might say different!
yes i think u could well be right, i just found it odd because its only just started happening, oh the joy of dogs and their poops!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Tell me about it, you'll be obsessed before you know it!!! When mine was only a matter of weeks old, it was always hard and normal, it only started being like this from about 6 months old if I remember right. I did chop and change around with the food at that time though, and considering you have sort of done that by changing over, it could have something to do with it. It's still the same here though, but at least I get to see the normal 3 out of 4! Yep, definitely obsessed here!