Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 07:42 PM

Luke walking Tyler!

I have just allowed Luke (Nearly 19) to start walking Tyler
Just One rule though,Do not let him offlead!
He's a good dog,great with other dogs and loves people,Luke has decided he wants to start walking him,so for the past couple of days he has been and enjoying it!

He has such a great bond with him

I won't allow him to walk Meg though as I know how quickly she can kick off and I'm not sure he would know how to handle her.
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I had to smile at this post...My Dane's name is Luke, and my son is Tyler
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Well, if he's old enough to vote, drive and have a few down the pub Sal, I'm sure he's old enough to be in charge of Tyler, especially as he's such a good boy when out and about, I'm sure he'll be fine with him I'm also sure a strapping 19 year old could probably hold your Sal a lot better than you could in times of trouble!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
He's a good dog,great with other dogs and loves people,Luke has decided he wants to start walking him,so for the past couple of days he has been and enjoying it!
He has such a great bond with him
I think that Luke will get a lot out of this, maybe take his mind of some of those not so nice experiences he's had this year. He might even come to think, as I do, that dogs are a lot nicer than many humans
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2010, 07:30 PM
He is loving walking him,I have told him not to bend down if another dog was to attack Tyler,but to try and distract the dog doing the attacking,I doubt very much if Tyler would fight back.
His reply was I know,do you think I'm stupid!

Now if someone was to raise there hand to Luke I am pretty sure Tyler would warn them off by barking.
What they share is something special,Luke helped with his care etc when he was a pup and Tyler helped with his fear of dogs after been attacked.