Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Springador
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2010, 04:31 PM

Pedigree name

Can you change a dogs pedigree name for the KC activities register, my friend has found a collie pup she wants but it has been registered with a name she hates.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Springador View Post
Can you change a dogs pedigree name for the KC activities register, my friend has found a collie pup she wants but it has been registered with a name she hates.

On the full register names can be changed but only with the breeders consent & within certain strict rules.

However as the activities register accept any dog for registration she could simply register the puppy herself-I very much doubt the KC would pick it up but the person who originally registered the puppy might complain

What's in a name ? if she really hates the name she doesn't have to but the puppy-which will be registered as a WSD & not a Border Collie of course you cannot register a dog as a Border Collie on the activities register
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2010, 12:06 AM
I don't see why the KC would pick up on it but it may be worth asking.

Affter all, if she has a dog that is now living with her, then she would be registerign the pup in her name, at her address, with info she already has. She could jujst pay the £12 (?) and make a new registration.

Also, I may be being a littel sense but why can't a BC be registered on the Activity Register?