Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzie-301
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Dog's weird breathing

Hi there, I have a 14 month old Border Terrier. She seems to have some issues when she gets over excited or when she has a drink of water. I don't know how to describe it, but when she has been running around for example, she sounds like she is struggling to breathe and it sounds like someone with a bad chest infection. We have been to the vets but they said she was fine, he didn't understand it only happens when she is very excited.

Any advice or if anyone else has this issue with their dog I am very greatful for any help!

Thanks.

Lizzie
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2010, 07:17 AM
It's not reverse sneezing is it?

My last dog Suzi used to do that if she had a drink a bit too fast, if she was excited or stressed.

Sounds a bit like a snort from deep down in the throat. Don;t know if it's how all dogs do it but she would always clamp her jaws together and kind of breath through her cheeks.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2010, 08:05 AM
my bt does this as well so does one elder springer they seem ok tho
winkle67
New Member!
Female 

20-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Basil was doing something similar a few weeks ago and I took him to the vets in case he had something stuck in his nose. They couldn't find anything but gave him an antibiotic jab just in case and after a few days he stopped doing it.

Still no idea what it was