Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 11:25 AM

Doggie birthday cake recipe

Its Raina's birthday on sunday and i want to make her a cake rather then the normal get a treat from mac d's that we do.

Anyone got any good yummy cake recipes for a dog? I am not sure about a people cak as i dont think she needs sugar!
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Hey, this is a recipe my aunty gave me, havent got round to trying it myself yet, but my aunty uses it.

1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 180°C
Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a mold and bake for 40 minutes.

Happy Birthday Raina!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Happy birthday for Sunday Raina!!

here's the recipe for the cake I made for Cain. Quite healthy and very popular with the doggies! I took in slices to share with all the dogs at his training class as it was quite a big cake and they all loved it. And it's really easy!

Liver Cake Recipe

1lb liver (can substitute with Naturediet, tinned dog food (Chappie works well) or tinned fish e.g. pilchards)
approx 1lb plain flour
1 egg
a little oil
1 clove garlic
water
grater carrot (optional)

Blitz the liver, egg, oil, garlic and carrot in a food processor. Add flour and water till you get dough like consitancy.

I used a rectangluar baking tray approx 1 inch deep. Bake in over (108 degrees C or gas mark 4) for approx 35 mins. Can also cook in microwave (full power, 14 mins) but I find it woorks better in the oven. Don't use a metal baking tray in the microwave!

Allow it to cool. I then cut a bone shape out and decorated with melted doggy chocolate and pet yoghurt drops.

Store in fridge for up to 4-5 days, can be frozen for up to a month. Post photos of your finished product for us to see! Have fun.

And here's Cain enjoing it on his first birthday
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I love Cain's cake and the idea of melting doggy chocs on top with the yoghurt drops but i dont have a food processer

Raina has a sweet tooth as well so i might go for the sweeter recipe. What is a cup in grams though??
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Wow, that cake is fab Moon's Mum.

It was Dita's birthday yesterday I just got her a normal people cake (cocanut cake).
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
I love Cain's cake and the idea of melting doggy chocs on top with the yoghurt drops but i dont have a food processer

Raina has a sweet tooth as well so i might go for the sweeter recipe. What is a cup in grams though??

You don't need a food processor, you can mix it by hand. The liver might prove a little tricky but if you used dog food or fish, you'd be fine.

However if Raina has a sweet tooth then you don't need to convert the cups into grams. Just use a standard size mug. As long as you use the same mug to measure out everything, it will work. It so much easier than weighing out everything. The Americans have got one thing right
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Awww Cain looks so happy with his birthday cake!!
I may have a go at baking those recipes, think the gang would love them... usually I buy plain Madeira cake for them..
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post

I made liver cake couple weeks ago and I dont have a f/p so I blitzed it with a stick blender (cost bout £8 in ASDA) Just remember to put your hand over the dish cos it looked like the chainsaw massacre when I'd blitzed it!!
It was a huge success
Happy Birthday for sunday Raina xx
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Happy birthday for Sunday Raina!!

here's the recipe for the cake I made for Cain. Quite healthy and very popular with the doggies! I took in slices to share with all the dogs at his training class as it was quite a big cake and they all loved it. And it's really easy!

Liver Cake Recipe

1lb liver (can substitute with Naturediet, tinned dog food (Chappie works well) or tinned fish e.g. pilchards)
approx 1lb plain flour
1 egg
a little oil
1 clove garlic
water
grater carrot (optional)

Blitz the liver, egg, oil, garlic and carrot in a food processor. Add flour and water till you get dough like consitancy.

I used a rectangluar baking tray approx 1 inch deep. Bake in over (108 degrees C or gas mark 4) for approx 35 mins. Can also cook in microwave (full power, 14 mins) but I find it woorks better in the oven. Don't use a metal baking tray in the microwave!

Allow it to cool. I then cut a bone shape out and decorated with melted doggy chocolate and pet yoghurt drops.

Store in fridge for up to 4-5 days, can be frozen for up to a month. Post photos of your finished product for us to see! Have fun.

And here's Cain enjoing it on his first birthday
Thanx alot for the recipe!!!! It's Tess's first birthday tomorrow and the cake is in the oven as I type

I did get a bit of a "silence of the lambs" feeling blitsing the liver though....

I'll send a pic of the end result... it actually smells quite nice
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by cintvelt View Post
Thanx alot for the recipe!!!! It's Tess's first birthday tomorrow and the cake is in the oven as I type

I did get a bit of a "silence of the lambs" feeling blitsing the liver though....

I'll send a pic of the end result... it actually smells quite nice
Yeah blitzed liver is a bit grim lol. How did it turn out? Hope Tess likes it, happy birthday for tomorrow! Photos please
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >