Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-06-2005, 07:07 PM

Willow and cats

Oh my! Cats are rather superb slapstic commedians, are they not?
I just took Willow for her usual morning constitutional, and as we passed the 6 foot wooden fence/hedge combination that Orbit seem to employ a lot round their properties, Willow stuck her nose in the hedge. Said hedge errupted, and a black-and-white surface-to-air missile launched straight up!
Said surface-to-air missile revealed itself, at the top of its trajectory, to be a very recently sound asleep now wide awake and startled furry hissing spitting venomous tomcat.
At the top of the arc the cat had managed to reach almost the top of the six foot wood panelled fence, and by some gymnastic feat (or should that be feet?) managed to nail itself to the top panel with it's claws.
Willow, who only ever wants to be a cat's friend, was wagging her tail furiously, with a *Hey, lets go play!* expression on her dim but not unpleasant face.
Cat, however, was having none of it, and was determined to stay where he was. The fence, unfortunately, had other ideas, and, because the panel grain went up/down the cat, in Tom and Jerry style, started to decend, with the sound of squealing.
At about three feet the cat started to try and run straight up the panel....
The effect was a curious ethnic drumming meets power-tools noise, and the cat, eyes bulging with the effort, managed to assend maybe another foot..
Then he fell off the fence, directly onto Willow, and, without pause (or should that be paws) launched himself straight up in the air again.
Willow, who, as you know, is not the sharpest knife in the drawer (hell, she's not even the sharpest teaspoon..) sat grinning and wagging her tail, unsure what had just happened, apart from the fact she briefly was in posession of a Davy Crockett hat full of nails.
The cat, on this occasion, actually made it to the top of the fence this time, and perched, briefly, on the very top.
He looked distainfully at Willow, who barked, once. The cat was obviously on edge (nervous disposition, not fence location) and jumped...and fell off the fence. I'm not sure how he landed, but the clattering of dustbin and rubbish sort of suggests it was not a descent he's going to be bragging about to his mates any time soon....
Then we went home.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 07:56 PM
brilliant - I have just kinda snorted up my nose some chocolate cake I was eating due to laughing at that description - so thanks for that !! LOL

Dani
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 08:15 PM
That's hilarious
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 08:20 PM
He he too funny

What a great story..
Claire&Jay
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2005, 08:31 PM
LOL very funny!!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 08:53 PM
pmsl wot a great story! and u tell it so well
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-06-2005, 09:25 PM
lol that made me laugh!! Gaz... I think you're gonna fit right in here Welcome to Dogweb
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 10:26 PM
That was so funny..keep the stories coming Gaz...
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2005, 10:29 PM
brilliant story so funny!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 09:04 AM
I enjoyed that, very descriptive and elequently put, keep them coming

Mo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >