Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-08-2010, 06:11 PM

Raw feeders heeelp!!

right just gave lola her food she has 3 chicken drumsticks and a marrow bone to chew on for a few hours the thing is the chicken drumsticks shes wolfed down and usualy it takes her about 15 min each one but shes done the 3 in the same time she does 1 anyhow im just wondering will her stomach digest them properly or will they come back up? i dont want her to damage herself by being a pig
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Is Lola the rottie or the little dog in your pic? My dogs wolf chicken wings down happily and are fine. Maybe she was hungry?
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-08-2010, 06:26 PM
lolas the rottie the chi hasnt had a chicken drumstick yet
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 06:37 PM
.. when beginning with rmb the bones they cant digest they generally throw up....shouldn't be a worry...youll find out in a few hours time
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Then they eat them again.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Then they eat them again.
speechless
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Glad it was the rottie not the chi that ate 3 drumsticks in 15 mins ~ I'd be very worried if it was the chi

Did they come back up? My labs easily demolish 3 small meaty lamb bones same size as drumsticks in 15 mins, so it doesn't sound that bad for Lola. And yes, vomit that was only recently their dinner but comes back up quickly, is usually eaten again (not always by the dog that threw it up unfortunately!). Wilma ate her dinner too quickly a few nights ago, walked over to her bed, threw it all up, then sat & guarded it for 10 mins before she ate it all up again.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-08-2010, 07:48 AM
nothing came up again thank god lol alls well shes about to have her brekkie now
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 07:53 AM
I have heard of dogs having problems with large build ups of bone in the digestive system so if she's making a habit of wolfing down big chunks of bone, I'd help her re-learn to chew them by holding one end of the drumstick so she has to bite down on them. Kiki was a bit of a rushed eater on kibble so I used to hold her chicken legs, wings, etc. when I first started feeding raw and it didn't take her long to get the hang of chewing them up
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I have heard of dogs having problems with large build ups of bone in the digestive system so if she's making a habit of wolfing down big chunks of bone, I'd help her re-learn to chew them by holding one end of the drumstick so she has to bite down on them. Kiki was a bit of a rushed eater on kibble so I used to hold her chicken legs, wings, etc. when I first started feeding raw and it didn't take her long to get the hang of chewing them up
Tupac is a gannet with food hence why i partly feed him raw.. i follow the rmb diet for that reason...and started out on bigger cuts of meat so he had to take his time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >