Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 06:36 PM

Great day at terrier show!

We went to a dog show at Happisbugh (pronounced Hayesborough) on the Norfolk coast today and Parker won reserve best in show in the terrier show! He is 8 and a half now.

It was so good having something nice happen after the bad and sad things that have been hapenning lately with Dad dying and Cherry's eye operation going wrong.

Parker won 2nd in best veteran terrier and then 1st in any variety terrier rough-coated (even though he is more fluffy than rough!!) which entitled him to compete for best male terrier. He then won reserve best male terrier and reserve best in show. Lots more nice rosettes and a bag of dog food too.

Rather embarassing moment when the photographer came to take pictures of the winning dogs as they told me to stand Parker next to the best in show terrier which was a Staffy. I should have said no he doesn't like Staffies (had a nasty bite from one) and moved to the other end of the line-up so there would have been 2 other dogs between him and the Staffy but I didn't think of this till later. Parker decided he was going to take the Staffy on and lunged for it so I had to move out of the way. Apologising to the owner afterwards (not that he touched it but looked bad) I explained he had been bitten by a Staffy and we had lots of dog-aggressive ones where we lived. He said that was ok and his dog was very easy-going. I said that was just as well as wouldn't that have been a lovely photo of the winners of the terrier competition of them trying to kill each other!!

The annoying thing about this is that they have a family dog show and a terrier show running concurrently in adjacent rings and last year Parker took reserve best in show at the family dog show and they took some pictures of him. When they didn't appear on the website I asked them why and they had lost the reel of film with his picture on.

My niece said I will just have to go back next year and win again but sounds a bit greedy to me!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 06:40 PM
aw well done
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Sounds like a great day was had by all. Well done!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 01:21 PM
well done Parker sounds like a nice day out
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Well Done!!!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran