Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:15 PM

Our bike ride this morning Zena (gsd)

I managed to take some shots on our morning bike ride, and as you can see, she's getting the hang of this now, always trotting nicely upfront which is where I want her

Off we go then!

It's sooo exciting!

Places we've never been before either!¬

Making a left turn (don't ask me why lol!)

It must be easier on the feet up here then!

Homeward bound!

She's set in a beautiful pace here!

Now she's on a mission

Time for a quick ball throw

and just to prove I'm on me bike!!!!

Oh I'm loving this, and so is Zena!! Tomorrow we'll go somewhere different! We met loads of doglets on our ride, but because she wasn't all hyped up with that ball, she greeted them all with a happy face and tail! Thanks for sharing my bike ride with me, there'll be more! Look at that sky, what a lovely morning it was
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
wow looks as though you both had a great time.
And did you stop to take photos or do it while cycling?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
No, I kept going lol!!!! I used my left hand to hold the handlebars, used my small digital instead of that big slr I've got, and just clicked away now and again. The worst bit was switching it on, so I might just leave it on next time, so it's ready. IN that first pic, you can see a friend of mine in the distance with her goldie, and another lady had a labradoodle, and a bloke had his collie and they all laughed at us as we came trundling along towards them! It's just faaaaantastic, especially with a smart dog like Zena, even though I'm constantly saying "go on, go on, go ooooooon, good girl" Lol! I don't know what people must think of me, but she'll soon get the hang of it and I can shut up!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:30 PM
What lovely pictures, she is obviously enjoying her bike rides..Has grown into a real beauty...........
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks Moli she's taken to this like a duck to water hasn't she, I'm well chuffed! I only do this once a day though, we do the green late morning with Georgie so he gets his potter, and then in the evening, we got out for a short walk up the top again! I wouldn't like to do this 3 times a day coz of my bottom!!! Lol!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
LOL at you taking pics while riding a bike - we Dogsey folk are experts aren't we at taking pics one-handed!! Often is the time I have a titbit in one hand and camera in t'other!!

Great pics H - she sure looks like she is totally enjoying trotting along with you. Brill exercise for the pair of you - hell in a couple of weeks you'll be like a pair of whippets!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Lol, I don't know about that AM, coz quite honestly, it takes up less energy for me than all that walking, but we'll have to see, I might weigh myself tonight and see if I lose much over the next couple of weeks. I think I ought to step up Zena's food though, now you've said that, coz she's already a tad on the bony side (although my breeder likes to see her like that!), but only when lying down lol! It must take more energy for her, although she does set herself a nice, constant pace, and isn't it interesting to see what their favourite gaits are, because I always remember Cassie preferred the canter to the trot, whereas Zena just glides along in this beautiful trot, pointing her toes of course! Lol! Thanks AM
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Great pics mate, At this rate you'll be fitter than the proverbial butcher's

That lane looks a bit spooky, wouldn't like to go down there in the dark Zena is looking fab though. Just think you'll soon be all toned up, with a butt you can crush a walnut in and thighs

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 06:06 PM
What a fabulous way to exercise, for you and Zena
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Looks like great fun

Zara is trained to run beside my bike on lead wareing her harness. I had planned on getting a special bar thing that attatches to the bike instead of using a leash.

I need a new bike though.
I think it would be a good change, rather than walking all of the time
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >