Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 12:17 PM

Lord give me strength

This is a rant...simlpy because I can

But I have spent a morning with the ramblings of my Mum-in Law, I realise that she is getting on and IMO is at the start of dementia, BUT I wish that my husband and all hs family (brothers and sisters) would just stop burying thier heads up thier as**'s and do something.
My opinion is she should not have animals, I have even had them checked out by RSPCA but I know what she does is not in thier book cruelty more the forgetfulness of age, and IF I am told once more ''how I can help'' whilst her sons and daughters sit on thier fat ar*es I will scream.
Excuse me I already have 4 dogs....5 cats...1 rabbit... 1 guineapig and cockerals .....plus a foster child HELLLLLLOOOOO WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NOT GET
Sorry just got carried away.

She turned up this morning 8.45 am....now bearing in mind that a week or so back she had to have her other cat put to sleep with cost me£72.50 because she took no money and couldn't remember her card number she tells me that her other cat is acting '''funny'''.....funny meaning that she keeps chasing him round to put him in his bed (a basket) and he won't stay there and believe it or not folks he keeps running off........just what I want to do at this moment in time
I've checked him over for her (she asked me too as she had him in a basket ) and he is riddled with fleas, they are everywhere, so I tried explaining that 1) she has to get flea tx from the vet.....2) she has to do the whole house.....3) she needs to do the dog.
The vet the other week explained to her that the cat that we had to have PTS was riddled with flea's too and that she needed to bring the other one down with the dog for a FREE check over.....right she didn't do it.....and more bloody annoying is Pats brother was told this too....but although he lives with her he just decided that he'd totally ignore that
After her being here for 1/2 hour she then informs me that the whole house has been done carpets the lot......with neat bleach which she mopped over everything....
including the bedding that the cat was lying on in his basket this morning so I rushed him over the road to the vet's (just incase of any skin reaction to bleach) and fortunately he was OK, we have dragged all the bedding out which the Vet (god love her) has thrown away, and they have given her FREE bedding
She got all the stuff she needed to do flea control....went to the counter in reception and clearly tells them...

WOOO I am not paying that I do not have money to give to you girl...take it all back and left without anything FFS!!!!!! so I have just been and paid for it all .

I've just rang the RSPCA again, they will call on her (yea right) but have just said.......'''you can help her here''' ''if you know the dog is well fed, well watered and has good housing (which he does) but isn't walked you could offer to walk him for her, as she does have a garden which is large and he is allowed indoors etc''' (think they mean low priority of on the list...walking that is)
and I suppose that lazy F'IN ar*e brother of Pat's who lives there can stay in bed HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy is Pat going to get a mouthfil off me when he comes in, I am not a happy bunny
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2010, 12:32 PM
you rant away girl i do simpathize with you my ex father in law was like that but only had 1 dog we managed to find him a home to go to and poor old bert whent to live with his son start to put your foot down why should you have to pay the vet's bill's are you the only animal lover in your family you should have a family meeting because obviosly something has to be done you sound like youve got your hand's full with your own family of human's and pet's
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Aww Bless ya Steph I feel your frustration!

It really wouldn't hurt the rest of the family to help out, instead of you having to do it all, you have enough to do with your own pets/life.......

Maybe Pat will have a word with his brother later And also hopefully the R.S.P.C.A will also help out, it's not fair to keep putting all this on you {{{Hugs}}}
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2010, 12:42 PM
You know how it goes Steph, it falls to you because you actually do something while the rest of them pay lip service.
I feel your pain to a certain extent my next door neighbour is suffering from Dementia and has gone down hill rapidly since having her dog pts a couple of months ago. Twice recently she was woken me up at 2.30 am ringing the doorbell because she can't get her key to work in the lock, she's gone out wandering without her daughters knowledge managed to unlock two sets of doors to get out and when she's come back she's gone to the wrong door and frantically rings the doorbell to get in (except it's my blimmin doorbell and it sh*ts the life out of me being woken up like that) I can't get mad with her, She used to be such a lovely woman but now we have the same conversation over and over again, it does my head in. She misses her dog so much and keeps asking if she can take one of mine for a walk, but I can't trust her with them.
Should someone alert Patrick to buy some earplugs on the way home?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by josshun View Post
you rant away girl i do simpathize with you my ex father in law was like that but only had 1 dog we managed to find him a home to go to and poor old bert whent to live with his son start to put your foot down why should you have to pay the vet's bill's are you the only animal lover in your family you should have a family meeting because obviosly something has to be done you sound like youve got your hand's full with your own family of human's and pet's
Pat is the only one in the family that has animals....well he would he married me but they seem to think if anything goes wrong animals-wise they send her to me with the '''Oh steph's an animals lover ask her'' I worry paying these bills, what happens if ne of mine we're ill tomorrow I am still trying to get her to give the £72.50 back, she thinks I want to '''borrow''' it WellPAT CAN give it me back out of his wages....maybe he won't be so keen then to bury his head
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless ya Steph I feel your frustration!

It really wouldn't hurt the rest of the family to help out, instead of you having to do it all, you have enough to do with your own pets/life.......

Maybe Pat will have a word with his brother later And also hopefully the R.S.P.C.A will also help out, it's not fair to keep putting all this on you {{{Hugs}}}
He needs IMO to get the whole family together for a meeting
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
You know how it goes Steph, it falls to you because you actually do something while the rest of them pay lip service.
I feel your pain to a certain extent my next door neighbour is suffering from Dementia and has gone down hill rapidly since having her dog pts a couple of months ago. Twice recently she was woken me up at 2.30 am ringing the doorbell because she can't get her key to work in the lock, she's gone out wandering without her daughters knowledge managed to unlock two sets of doors to get out and when she's come back she's gone to the wrong door and frantically rings the doorbell to get in (except it's my blimmin doorbell and it sh*ts the life out of me being woken up like that) I can't get mad with her, She used to be such a lovely woman but now we have the same conversation over and over again, it does my head in. She misses her dog so much and keeps asking if she can take one of mine for a walk, but I can't trust her with them.
Should someone alert Patrick to buy some earplugs on the way home?
Well Sunday she told us....'''There were light flashing this morning at 3am, I came down and ''they'' were here We all looked at her and said who is ''they'' she started whispering '' you know they...I can not tell you thier names''

It turned out she must of left the TV on, but she is absolutely adament that ''they'' keep coming in and sitting in the living room to watch TV
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2010, 01:54 PM
(((Hugs))) Steph.

All the family need to get together and discuss what to do next. I agree it is wrong that you have to keep finding the time and he money, you have your own family and pets to look after.

I hope they manage to get their act together for your sake and your MIL she sounds like she now needs professional help.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Oh Steph........ *hugs*

Men are such ar*es at time......

Try not to kill Pat.....

x0x0x0x0x
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2010, 04:43 PM
I feel for you please have a family meeting all the family must help and you should'nt be paying her bills thats so unfair
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Have you actually still got any of that lovely hair left Steph????!!! I'd be very surprised if you had!!! Hope you feel a bit better now that you've got that lot off your chest, I feel your pain mate, it leaped out at me from the page there!!!!

Don't be too hard on Pat, it's not his fault entirely is it, he just needs to open his gob and get that family of his sorted once and for all, he's probably too soft, so he leaves it to you (I have the same here if that helps!!)xxxxxxxxxxxx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Steph I get the feeling that the Good Lord is not going to help you he is too busy waiting to see the next episode of the soap opera that is your life.........

Sorry its nothing personal but you have to admit you write a good breakdown woman!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >