Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 04:00 PM

WARNING Long Haired Dogs and Puppies

Earlier this month Dillon's sister was rush to the vets they thought she had bloat, it was not but she had a large hair ball in the bowel. They had to operate but unfortunately she died. It's such a shook that a 5 month old puppy could die like that.

You never think when they are playing together that a puppy could be pulling hair out of other pets and eating it.

We are all devastated at this loss, in a way that no one could have thought could happen.

RIP Pretty Girl.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 04:08 PM
OMG, I am so, so sorry for your tragic loss, who would have thought it Poor, poor little girlie, run free at the bridge little'un.xxxxxx

I have two very hairy doglets, one of which is usually gagging on fur that he's licked off of himself, so I'll be on the lookout a bit more now when they're playing, coz my youngster really digs into his longhaired scruff when she's attacking him. I'm so, so sorry it's ended like this for yours.xxxxx
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Omg I'm so sorry, that is such a shock to happen, not something that you would expect to happen to a dog, R.I.P little girl.
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Oh gosh, how awful. Thanks for sharing so we can be warned too. My thoughts are with you x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 07:33 AM
So sorry to hear your sad news

I can imagin that though as having two here with longer fur I often see Bruce with hair in his mouth when playing with them, Im always taking it off him.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Oh, that must have been such a shock! Poor girl such a tragic thing to happen and at such a young age.

Run free girl xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 07:50 AM
What an awful shock, poor little thing and my thoughts are with you all.

I've not experienced any of my dogs eating each others hair but it will certainly be a warning that stays in my mind if I ever did witness anything like that.

RIP baby girl xxx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.

I have to be careful with Zeff as he is a terror for pulling out hair as dogs run by.

Run free little girl
xxxxx