Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2010, 09:12 AM

Do breeders price fix??

Do breeders price fix the cost of their pups? ... Or does one set a price an others follow .?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Do breeders price fix the cost of their pups? ... Or does one set a price an others follow .?
No thoughts ??@?
georgejr
New Member!
Female 

30-06-2010, 07:59 PM
i don't know for sure, but they do seem to all charge the same prices.
Is anybody else concerned about the price of crossbreeds these days? £800 for a poodlesomething or a chihauhau cross whte and fluffy thing!
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I think it is what other people seem to be charging when looking for a Rottweiler breeder they all seem to be around £500 - £800 (any i've seen for less than that i've not really taken notice of).

And regards to the crossbreeds its getting beyond a joke

I even saw some 'StaffRotts' for £500 the other day
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I looked at one breed last night and every breeder had their pups at a £1000..
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 08:03 PM
My boys were the same, I got Deacon for less as he was bought with breeding rights over him, though that never came to fruition, as he has a skin allergy... I could actually buy all three of my dogs, for some of the prices of these 'designer' crossbreeds...
I think dogs like French Bulldogs and English Bulldogs are high cos of the risk of the birth and usually having to have a c-section... though I may be wrong!!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
My boys were the same, I got Deacon for less as he was bought with breeding rights over him, though that never came to fruition, as he has a skin allergy... I could actually buy all three of my dogs, for some of the prices of these 'designer' crossbreeds...
I think dogs like French Bulldogs and English Bulldogs are high cos of the risk of the birth and usually having to have a c-section... though I may be wrong!!
Breeders of Bulldogs usually charge round about the same usually because if they offered their puppies for any less, they'd be placed on the internet/free ads a couple of weeks later at the ''going'' rate, so puppy buyer can make a few hundred quid profit.

This has happened a lot in the past, so prices remain high - though they do seem to be coming down a little now
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Breeders of Bulldogs usually charge round about the same usually because if they offered their puppies for any less, they'd be placed on the internet/free ads a couple of weeks later at the ''going'' rate, so puppy buyer can make a few hundred quid profit.

This has happened a lot in the past, so prices remain high - though they do seem to be coming down a little now
I know from previous posts your familiar with the non kc type bulldogs, why are they so high when they are suppose self whelp and so on ???
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I know from previous posts your familiar with the non kc type bulldogs, why are they so high when they are suppose self whelp and so on ???
I'm familiar with the Bulldog and the 'alternative' type, having owned both for a number of years.

Prices regarding the 'alternative' type are high for the same reasons as above, still substantially cheaper than their KC counterparts.

Regarding the 'alternatives', prices depend and vary on where you are looking and who you happen to know

I'd never recommend that the 'alternative' dogs were purchased from breeders advertising in the free ads or local papers, as that in my opinion IS looking in the wrong place
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I dont think they price fix, you can pick a rottie up in the local rag for around £100 at the other end of the scale you can get one from a top kennel for up to £2'000
I charged £650 for pups from my last litter.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >