Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 10:11 AM

Harmony may one day be a mummy.

I just thought I may as well tell you all, but Harmony may one day be bred, nothing as yet is set in stone, and I currently know four people who would like a baby, me being one of them the babies would be given to the other people as I know them, and trust them with any animal I have, and one of them would more then likely want two too, two of them are breeders, one of them a pet home, I'm hoping if she's bred there will be a good show baby born.

Before I bred though I will have to find a good male, I know of one who I can use, who is a good show boy (Harmony can't be shown agaisn't a standard, as she is a self, however she could give birth to quality babies) I also was recently going to get a boy from a litter whose parents were a blue tri English, and a chocolate English, but all the babes were born black but carrying tri, this would of been good as the tri can have weak spots, so people add the English in to streghten them, Harmonys mother was born from a black carrying tri, her dad is also a great show man. Although if I can't find a suitable tri English to breed with her, I would breed with a good English.

Anyway just thought that I would say, as this is something that may happen, when I got Harmony it wasn't something that I would of planned to get a rabbit for. But when I talked to her breeder, and looked into it, it is something that I may consider, but if it goes ahead I'd want to do it properly, I should be moving soon, and until Harmony is a bit older, and I have more room too I would breed, as I would need to have space to take any rabbits back and give them a home if for some reason the people who gets them has any problems that may mean that they can't look after them anymore.

I would put some new photos up of her, but photobucket is being a pain so heres an older one so that people know who I'm talking about

aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2010, 09:30 AM
If it furthers her breed and you have good homes planned then go for it. My bunnies Chaz and Dave had babies (Dave then became Davina ) unexpectedly and it was amazing to watch them grow. Sadly they were all too inbred to live for long and they stayed with us until they all went to the bridge I would not consider it as I only want pets and there are too many in rescues but if you want to show etc then that will be great. Even if you don't nice to know your girl is such a beauty that she would be great to breed from. Let us know what you decide.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Your best bet Chaz, would be to find a tricolour "charlie" English to put her to, as then the whole litter would be "full" (show patterned) English.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Shame I don't live nearer Chaz... I would love another English.... really want a blue one!!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
If it furthers her breed and you have good homes planned then go for it. My bunnies Chaz and Dave had babies (Dave then became Davina ) unexpectedly and it was amazing to watch them grow. Sadly they were all too inbred to live for long and they stayed with us until they all went to the bridge I would not consider it as I only want pets and there are too many in rescues but if you want to show etc then that will be great. Even if you don't nice to know your girl is such a beauty that she would be great to breed from. Let us know what you decide.
Thanks, thats such a shame about what happened with you, with lil H I've been deciding about breeding or not, and I'm still weighing everything up, although it looks like at the end of the year, begining of next if I can find a good male she'll become a mummy although I'm also wanting to have the male for myself, so I've got to look around for babies or older ones that are being sold like Harmony, who have great lines behind them

Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Your best bet Chaz, would be to find a tricolour "charlie" English to put her to, as then the whole litter would be "full" (show patterned) English.
Well the black one I was looking at was a Black Charlie carrying tri, although the only one there was a female, and I'm thinking that I don't really want anymore rabbits apart from the perfect male at this point, as I have to keep in mind about taking any back, although I do know a breeder who breeds Tri-english who I could get a Tri Charlie from, and they're locallish, about two hours away , I am wanting a Charlie though, they are my fav, and not just because the name lol, but now I also have the excuse that it would be better for a breeding programme

Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Shame I don't live nearer Chaz... I would love another English.... really want a blue one!!!
I have to say I've never had a blue but they are gorgeous, and anyway I'm sure that if I do that we could arrange for a baby to come up to you Nancy came from Wales, and the baby I was hoping I was going to get was up north, so I'm sure I could work one towards you, as the breeders intrested live far away too
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Well the Charlie English carrying tri has now turned out to be a male, but things here are putting a stop to getting him, but I'm considering my options, the dam of this litter came from Harmonys breeder, but is unrealated, the father is an English and is also unrelated, but I will have to sit down and figure a lot of things out first though, as to whether this is the right time to get a male, and whether this is the right male, that is if he doesn't change sex again lol.

But I also thought that I would put a link up to the breed stanard of the tri-coloured English, this breed will be harder to breed a show quality one then a English as all the spots apart from the cheek spots have to contain both colours, so even if she breeds a litter they may all not be show quality, but thats a risk to take

http://www.thebrc.org/trienglish.htm