View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 12:34 PM

I've not even had a dog with such good lines.

I recently got in touch with the breeder who bred her father, and she said that when she got her stock she imported the bucks from Belgium and does from the Netherlands, from top european breeders, these were then crossed with English from top English breeders as the spots on the tri can be weak, this helped improve them, so this is where Harmonys lines are from, she's a bit international bred to good old English lines. And just think she cost the high price of £15, which is £10 less then what the local pet shops charge.

The reason that the rabbits were imported is that Europe reconisged the tri-coloured as a Papillon (what the English is called in Europe) they are also accepted in more colours in America then britian too.

In britain however they are classed as a different breed, and are classed as rare, so the woman who I contacted started importing them to get them reconised over here. I've heard the the European breed standards allows for more colours in the breed standard, but apart from the tri I don't know of any. But there is a problem with some tris in that their spots aren't as well marked as the English, so breeders will still cross the two together to bring in better spots to the tri and improve the breed.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Would you be able to show her or is she not meet the right standards? Sorry don't know much about showing
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 03:44 PM
I haven't seen any tri-English for a while but about 5 years ago Judy Le Marchant had some that she imported from Europe. The spotted ones can be shown at Rare Varieties Rabbit Club shows, and also at any show that has an Unstandardised class, unless it's changed recently and they can go into AOV or RV Fancy.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Aliwin unfornatly I can't show her in any class other then pets, as the standard is basically all to do with the markings but I can get opioins on her type there hopefully if I talk to the right people, I can also see if I like it and want to get involved more

Merlinsmum Judy Le Marchant is the woman who bred Harmonys father she crossed the tri with English and gave me advice on what colour English to use if I want to do the same.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm gonna kill this phone.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Soz phone playin up telling me there was a problem and it couldnt post obviously it could.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Multiple post.