View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 09:53 AM

There was a break in to Drews run last night.

And you'll never guess who...

Last night I went into bed, and got woken up in the early hours of the morning by noise from the rabbits (not unusaul) so I checked my phone to see what the time was, and it was around 3am, so I then looked over to check the rabbits, as Drew is mostly white its easy to see him, but then I also saw a dark figure in his run, Harmony had got herself in there, and there was no fighting . I then put the light on to see how she got in there, as theres not been a break in or out of that run before, its pretty secure, as its got a door either side, but there are catches on the door, well it seems that madam has somehow worked out how to undo the catches and as it then can only open into her run from that door Drew must of pushed on it or something, and both rabbits were happily just in the run together, so I left them, poor Drew is now a bit henpecked, as Harmony has a strong character, but I sat up and watched them for a while, and Drew started mounting Harmony, by the time I went to bed Harmony was then humping Drew so I think that they still have some stuff to work out, but I left them last night as it seemed calm and stayed up for a while, and this morning there was no hair in the runs, or cuts on either bunny, so it seems that the rabbits decided how and when they wanted to meet each other
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 11:10 AM
What a great result

Harmony sounds a pretty smart cookie to be able to undo the latches
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Ahh sounds like she wants him for a husbunny. Clever girlie.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
What a great result

Harmony sounds a pretty smart cookie to be able to undo the latches
She is lol, but I was warned about the tri-English before I got her, and not only did I risk getting a tri, I also got a self, which is double jeopardy, and I love it, and she also seems to like jumping too, which apparently a lot of does don't like so its all good

Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Ahh sounds like she wants him for a husbunny. Clever girlie.
She does lol, although I think she's going to be the one wearing the trousers in that relationship
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Do you know, I think it must have been bunny escape night last night. Weird things going on all over. The hutch we have for Twix and Cookie is huge, 4 sections. Their intro is going well. Cookie is still a bit nervous of him though so although they are happy to be in the garden together, we decided to block up the centre door way with wire so they could have their own space at night but still see each other. I put them both in their seperate sides last night and OH covered them up later. This morning he uncovered them to find them snuggled up together on the same side The doors were both closed and the wire had'nt been pushed through so I have no idea how they managed it. All I can think of is Twix managed a quick dash out of his side and into Cookies but I really think I would have noticed so its a complete mystery. Seeing as they seemed settled, we removed the barrier between sides and they seem quite happy to share now, although we've left hay at both ends incase they need space! As I said, strange bunny goings on for us both last night!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Theres a rabbit consipersy going on
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Today, swapping hutches.........Tomorrow, the world!!!