Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2005, 05:48 PM

Blue is love sick

As you all know Sasha passed on Tuesday night. Blue and her had a special bond. When she was away for the day for her mouth and leg operation Blue didn't eat until she got back home.
He wouldn't eat on Tuesday, Wed I coaxed him at night with boiled rice and tuna. He ate this morning but you could see he wasn't enjoying it.
He is carrying a teddy about with him and cuddleing a toy that they used to share. To top it all off he pee'd in my son's bedroom last night where Sasha used to sleep. To be honest I haven't come accross this before and wondered if any of you have? If yes how did you get things back to normal?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2005, 05:57 PM
poor Blue When our cat died last year Star was the same. I just tried to keep her busy with no time to mope around. It took a few weeks til she got back to her normal self.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks Carole. Ive washed all the bedding (no dogs on our beds, only they didn't know that) Washed son's carpet. Vacumed, swept and washed floors. Hope it helps.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-06-2005, 06:02 PM
when we lost bia our female boxer ben our male boxer followed me around all day looking for attention they had been together from pups.
i think its the breed and how attached they get to be honest.
all i did was to give him the reassurance he was looking for took him out more with me and time to adjust to being the only dog.
i couldn't adjust so we got toby and ben was happy again he couldn't settle at night even though he was with us if took guarding us seriously like never before.
the only thing that really put him at ease and happy old self again was getting toby.
it is very early for blue but ben never really settled untill we got another.
just lots of tlc and notice at the moment.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2005, 06:05 PM
yeh know what you mean. I was at the table earlier on and he kept giving me a paw. Then he got on my knee LOL it's not very big. He puts his face on my cheast with his head down. So sad. We will get him another pal at some point, but as you said it is early days.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-06-2005, 06:11 PM
only thing you can do for him, other than maybe arrange to meet up with others so he still gets to play with others.
this helped ben as he started going out with emma (mums boxer his sister) so he doesn't miss the play mate as much.
any things that shows him he is still loved and that you understand he misses her too will help him.
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2005, 06:25 PM
when we lost tara her daughter kayleigh was just the same jacqui she was so lost
we put all our energies into making sure she was always fussed over but time does indeed heal and after a few weeks she was back to being her own cheeky self
blue will get there just give him time i really do belive dogs grieve just like humans
susan xxx
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2005, 07:25 PM
here's Blue with his teddy
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2005, 07:27 PM
aww Jacquie he is absolutely gorgeous....
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2005, 07:40 PM
he looks just like a baby
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >