View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
loupoppins
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2010, 01:10 PM

A great Impromptu training session- stopping Bella barking at the window cleaners!

Just had agreat impromptu training session with Bella. Her increasing barking at people has been becoming a bit of an issue recetnly, so when our window cleaners arrived it seemed a great chance for a quick spot of training!
Normally hse goes mad when they are around. Understandable really,they move all round the house right up at the windows,with noisy clancky ladders. Normally she barks a lot, and I end up taking her into the kitchen till they've gone.
Today though,when I heard them approaching I grabbed a tin of tuna (the only food she is ever vaguely enthusiatic about) and we sort of followed the window cleaners around the house. I fed her little bits if tuna whilst she was quiet, and she did great She kept glancing at them but quickly responded to a "watch" command and got more tuna! She only barked once,as I was about to give her some tuna,so I just withdrew my hand, and asked her to sit(which she did) then began feeding the tuna again!
She even came to the door with me when they rang to be paid,I was keeping up the tuna feeding,she barked once,so I stopped the tuna, then she stopped,sighed and sat down so the tuna started up again!And she just sat there calm and quiet whilst I sorted out paying the window cleaner
Think the window cleaner possibly thought I was slightly deranged wandering round hand feeding the dog tuna from a tin....and my hands still stink of tuna, but I thought it went well .
Need a few more positive sessions like this to break her barking habbit I think....must remember to b uy more tuna!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Fantastic, well done both of you!
Who says positive training takes too long
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Well done---it is worth the effort.

rune
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Lol, well done, and if it works, don't knock it I say!! You'd just better make sure you've got plenty of tuna in stock!
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Well done,
Missy barks at the window cleaner but only because she wants to get out there for a cuddle and also when he gets to the patio doors he plays a game with her chasing the cloth and the squeegee