Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2010, 11:42 AM

New to TTtouch

Does anyone here know much about TTouch? I have seen a couple of articles in Your Dog magazine and it looks interesting, especially for me to use with my Greyhound as he is a bit nervy.

Any reccommend a good starting point in terms of info / books? I don't want to randomly dive in in case I read the wrong thing as you know what the internet is like! Anyone can write anything!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Check out Sarah Fisher's book 'unlock you dog's potential'. It's good reading and shows many uses of TTouch, which seem to be particularly good for sighthounds. I do TTouch on my male Estrela and it really helps him. I'd recommend looking at courses too.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I paid a fortune on TTouch for my rescue dog Jackjack, but other than him seeming to enjoy the basic massage of it, it never really seemed to help him.

We went to see a practitioner once a week for 2 months, most of it paid for as alternative therapy on his insurance. But in that time the practitioner was never able to get him to trust her enough to touch him, she was bitten a couple of times by him and became a bit scared of him i think. So she spent much of the sessions teaching me how to do it. I was always worried I was getting it wrong. In the end I admit I just gave up.

I still believe it has a great deal of potential though, just maybe not on a case as severe as Jackjack.
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks

I've reserved the book at my local library now so we'll see how it goes, I have 3 different dogs to try it out on. If it looks promising I'll hunt down a copy to buy and keep!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I am going on an introductory course at the end of next month and am really hoping it will help Fudge to be a little more laid back as she can be a bit jumpy....I will report back to Dogsey when I have been.