Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 09:06 PM

It hurts me when she's happy.

Anyone else have this problem with sighthound types? Honey's tail turns into a whip when she is happy, and I get repeatadly whipped for no good reason , I wouldn't mind too much, but she is such a happy go lucky girl that even me smiling at her is enough to get the whip going, when guests come I've got to hold her back or they would leave with bruises, mind you when her tails going her hole body shakes from side to side with the momentum it gains, I think her tail goes faster then she runs

So come on tell me, am I the only one with a dog that beats everyone within a five mile radius whenever she's happy?
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I know exactly what you mean! My previous Boxer was docked, Maggie has a long thick tail and boy does she know how to wag it, like you say its like having your legs whipped....
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Cherry is a (legally) docked Kerry Blue and she really hurts you with her tail when she is happy and she is quite small in comparison to a Boxer say. She also has this habit of rubbing her whiskers and chin against your legs when she is happy (like a cat) and I am always coming out with bruises because of her! I joked to my husband that he better not upset me as I will tell my Mum the bruises are from him!

I know a Rough Collie owner who didn't get a Great Dane, which they originally looked into, because of the tails being quite a weapon and destroying all your ornaments etc by accident!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
I know exactly what you mean! My previous Boxer was docked, Maggie has a long thick tail and boy does she know how to wag it, like you say its like having your legs whipped....
I wish Honey had a thicker tail, hers really is a thin whip, the amount of times I've threatened to take her to the vets to get it docked, but then I'm talking to her so it sets the whip going again lol.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Maggie is for ever swiping the cats with hers!!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Monty's tail is lethal when he wags it! If he catches you right on the knee it's mega painful!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I have bruises to prove it When Diesel wags his tail, I move..........
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 06:27 AM
I had the same problem with my Dane - ouch!

Your post did make me smile though, and brought back happy memories.....

madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Your not alone Kyiro's long greyhound tail is a weapon in disguise. I always have bruises from that or his front legs that he always insists on striking out with in excitement and catching me down the inside of my leg.
From the hips downwards I look like a battered mum.
With all that though I wish Shady had a tail, I hate the evil barstewards that cut hers off with scissors.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Ouch, tell me about it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >