Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:02 PM

Toothache Please someone help

OK I have an appt at the debntist on Tuesday but I am just about in tears here, ok on occasion I have been in tears today.

Can anyone gve me any ideas of anything that works for temporary relief of toothache. It is my very far back bottom tooth and there is a massive hole in it the hole is nearly the whole length of the side of my tooth and goes down below the gum line. So far I have tried rinsing it with salty water, I have put tea tree oil on a cotton bud and tried to wipe inside the hole (this, surprisingly, didn't hurt as much as I expected) The pain is a constant throb. My latest remedy was biting on a hot tea bag, which did provide a bit of relief till I bit through the bl00dy thing and filled my mouth with little bits of tea leaf.

I don't actually have a dentist so can't phone the emergency number, but the guy I am seeing on Tuesday will register me and will look at the problem tooth, so at least I will get some treatment then.

I will happily try anything and everything that can be reccommend. I half thought of phoning my vet...I am not joking, he would think I am mad but does anyway.

scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh I sympathise with you, I'm sitting here nursing a whopping hole in my gum having had a back tooth removed this morning

I have been getting a lot of toothache lately, not due to teeth problems but the tumour is pressing on nerves and giving me the sensation of toothache. I have found a combination of Bonjela and anti-inflammatory painkillers (ibuprofen) have given me almost instant relief. I must admit that I have been putting more bonjela than is recommended on my gums, but it hasn't done me any harm so far.

I do hope you feel better soon, toothache has got to be one of the worse pains ever.

Sheree x
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:27 PM
you used to be able to but Bocosan sachets which were briliant, if not go to the chemist hun and get clove oil and drop it on the tooth, shold ease the oain.
Hope your felling better soonxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:28 PM
You can buy a temporary filling kit from most chemists, Acutally I think Asda do it too. It will give relief but still go to the dentist. You fill the tooth with the paste, you have to mix it.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I had tooth ache last week and was climbing the walls in agony. It was a filling that had come out like yours so I bought a tempory filling kit from Boots and dosed myself up with pain killers and it did the trick until I got to see the dentist.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys, Sheree sorry your in pain too , I was using Calgel (for kiddies) but will get OH to get Bonjela when he goes to football

Morganstar, what is Bocosan? Would I ask at a chemist for it? Elaine, I bought one of those kits last week Toothypegs but it was like the paste hardened against either the nerve or the bad decay, man I just about went through the roof so picked all out again!!

morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:40 PM
bocosan is a sachet and you rinse it round your mouth, just spoken to mum who used it al the time and she thinks its not available any more. Clove Oils excellant as well, it acts as an antiseptic I think.
By the way I rang my vet last weekend for advise on eye drops my allergies were playing up and i was in agony
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Thanks guys, Sheree sorry your in pain too , I was using Calgel (for kiddies) but will get OH to get Bonjela when he goes to football

Morganstar, what is Bocosan? Would I ask at a chemist for it? Elaine, I bought one of those kits last week Toothypegs but it was like the paste hardened against either the nerve or the bad decay, man I just about went through the roof so picked all out again!!

Sorry to hear that, that should not have happened. Not heard of "Toothypegs" Where did you get it from. The one from Boots is fantastic. Did you follow the instructions If your like me, just mix and fill
Have a look at the Boots one and see if it is different from that one you got last week.
Other than that I would recommend Oil of Clove painkillers tend to not work so well on teeth, and if you have been taking them for a while they will not work as effectivly. give you upset tum as well.
Bocosan is a powder that you mix with water it is a mouth wash for gum disease, oxygenating dont know if it will ease pain sorry
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Snap,,, I have to see the dentist on tuesday too, my bottom wisdom tooth is giving me jip,,, Neurophen express has helped no end, {that said I dont have a hole in my tooth,} clove oil is great too,
that said this is the first time in my life I have had a sore tooth, so havent really used the clove oil on myself yet,,, but dougie swears by it,,
you just do the same thing you did with the TT oil, bet it tastes nicer too x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks again.

Elaine I got it from Tesco, I had to coat the tooth with Eugynol first and then stuff some white pliable stuff in the hole, a pit like putty and it gave me a cotton bud and a wee wooden stick to do that and then put more eugynol on it to help it harden. Will look in Boots.

Shona the TT oil is awful!! It says to only use diluted, man in so much pain i gave up on the diluting at about 8am!! So raw tea tree oil bleuch.

Right OH is going to football at 2.30 so have asked him to text me about Boots tooth repair kit and get Bonjela and Clove Oil and Bocosan (if he can, but having googled it, it seems to have been disallowed in this country ) I have Neurofen Plus, but they aint touching it.

Thanks for the advice and ideas all
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >