Female 

14-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Foster home needed

For this request please email Kaye at: kaye@lurcherlink.org

One of our (new) fosterers has just told me her mum's been taken into
hospital and she has to look after her (not friendly) dogs so she need
our foster pup out TODAY ! No pressure then

I'm going to find it a tad difficult to
organise ferrying about (literally) so is there anyone down that way who could either:

1) Offer him a temporary foster home till we can move him off Isle of Wight or

2) Help get him off Isle of Wight and into a (yet to be found) foster home on the mainland

He's about 7-8 months old, just been neutered but still needs vaccinating, very friendly, fine with other dogs, a bit of a Houdini as he can open doors

Please, if you can help email me : kaye@lurcherlink.org or ring 01422
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm too far away, and that ferry crossing is the most expensive in Europe, you'd be lucky to get it any cheaper than around £70!!! Somebody in Portsmouth perhaps if you can get the dog over to the mainland???
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 07:01 PM
It's a short ferry crossing though - about £12 return as a foot passenger, takes only 10 mins on the hovercraft, so someone could go across and bring the dog back that way without needing to take a car over.

Would just need someone to take the dog to Ryde and meet the person coming over. Dogs are allowed on the HC.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 07:03 PM
OH of course, I never thought about a foot passenger, coz we always go by car!!! We have lots of peops on here in Portsmouth don't we?? Sue, Inca, maybe they could help out? Good luck anyway, wish I was nearer, and wish I had a car to get to Portsmouth, but I don't my hubby's using mine to get to work in the snow!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2010, 07:28 PM
If my family were in a position to foster, I would've asked them, because they all live in Southampton. Unfortunatly, they are all out at work all day. I can't even think of anyone that I could ask!

Will rack my brains though!

xx