Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 07:17 PM

Sherwood Forest

Hi

We drove past the turning to Sherwood Forest yesterday and I fancy going there in a few weeks.

What is it like there and how long can you walk there for without repeating where you have walked (obviously ok going back on the same track)? Are there a few different routes you can take?

Ta

Jen
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 09:12 PM
aw, sherwood forest! i used to go there all the time when i stayed in doncaster, i loved it. and it was really big! well, to me at that age it was big... cant remember much about the paths though so im not much help, sorry
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 10:16 PM
You get Sherwood Forest main wood with the visitor centre but if you walk out of the main forest and away from the crowds you get access land called Budby South Forest. This is a mixture of heath and woodland and for me, far surpasses the main part. We go there often and can easily spend a few hours wandering about.

There have been dogs who became ill or died after visiting Sherwood Forest. Tests on the dogs who died showed no common poisons were involved such as strychnine so it's thought it was a naturally occurring poison maybe from a fungus or something. Just thought i'd warn you there have been some issues so i've stayed away for a while.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
You get Sherwood Forest main wood with the visitor centre but if you walk out of the main forest and away from the crowds you get access land called Budby South Forest. This is a mixture of heath and woodland and for me, far surpasses the main part. We go there often and can easily spend a few hours wandering about.

There have been dogs who became ill or died after visiting Sherwood Forest. Tests on the dogs who died showed no common poisons were involved such as strychnine so it's thought it was a naturally occurring poison maybe from a fungus or something. Just thought i'd warn you there have been some issues so i've stayed away for a while.
Thanks That part that you go to sounds brill

Really sad about the dogs I had heard things about that a while back