Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:39 PM

Idiot woman!

I met a woman in the park this afternoon, and she was verging on drunk (and this was at half 2 and she had a bottle of buckfast in one hand ). I was standing with a man who walks his dog willow (jakes wee girlfriend ). She came over to us and asked what breeds the dogs were. I said jake was a BCxGSD and Willows owner (don’t know his name ) said she was a westie x cairn terrier.

She then went on to tell us she has a JRTx and another dog whos breed she couldn’t remember for a good few minutes… and guess what it was??... a JRT! She remember she had a JRTx but couldn’t remember the full JRT. She then told us her boyfriend has two dogs whos breed, again, she couldn’t remember. She said they were small and well built, I immediately thought staff but as she was talking to herself trying to remember I just stayed quiet. She then said he also had a whippet and then went back to trying to remember the other 2’s breed. But this time she said ‘they are one of those ones that have big head and aren’t good with kids’. So i asked if it was staffs, and she said they were . I couldn’t help but go off on one about how they can be great with kids, it just depends how they are brought up and that any dog is capable of not liking kids. that the breed doesnt mean much, its all about the owner. some people are so ignorant!

She didn’t like me saying this, and told me that one of her boyfriends tried to bite her 2 year old son, coz he yanked the poor dogs tail! What does she expect?? Any dog who isn’t used to that wouldn’t like someone pulling their tail. People seem to expect way to much of dogs these days. So now the she puts a muzzle on the poor dog whenever the boy is around. I got the impression that they all live together… so I really hope I have taken her wrong with that one. That is a disaster waiting to happen, coz the poor dog will be muzzled a lot then.

She also kept rubbing jakes head to calm him, coz he was wanting to play with willow, and was telling me how to calm my dog! But it didn’t work, jake ignored her and so she just said ‘aw, its coz he wants to play’… so why do it then??

Me and willows owner were desperate to get away from her so said bye and started on our way. Both dogs were onlead but playing as we left, and as jake is much bigger than willow, the woman shouted after us ‘that big one is going to end up attacking the wee one’!! how did she figure that one out?? They were playing, do some people really know such little about dogs that they cant even tell what play is?? Even after she stood and watched the 2 off them licking each and lying on top of each other as we talked! Jake isn’t in the slightest bit aggressive so I am so furious she would think that about him, she doesn’t know him and obviously cant tell what dogs playing is!

Sorry for the long post, just needed to rant!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:42 PM
i think the title of your thread pretty much sums this woman up so I really wouldnt worry about her and her useless sharing of ignorant information !! LOL

Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:49 PM
welcome to dog ownership!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i think the title of your thread pretty much sums this woman up so I really wouldnt worry about her and her useless sharing of ignorant information !! LOL

lol, she really was. is just so annoying when people spout out so much s*** and act like they know better... oh well. apparantly she is in the park a lot, but ive never seen her before so i just hope i dont see her again lol.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
welcome to dog ownership!!
lol, can be a pain with these idiots
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Hmmmm let me get this right. You are cranky about a drunk woman telling you info about dogs that is ignorant and stupid, yeap think I got it but I wonder if you would of had her knowledge on dogs if you had a look at the bottom of the bottle too
Sorry
Some people's comments don't even deserve getting cranky at as the energy it takes on being cranky is worth too much.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 08:12 AM
I`d have made an excuse and left. Drunks can turn nasty.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Hmmmm let me get this right. You are cranky about a drunk woman telling you info about dogs that is ignorant and stupid, yeap think I got it but I wonder if you would of had her knowledge on dogs if you had a look at the bottom of the bottle too
Sorry
Some people's comments don't even deserve getting cranky at as the energy it takes on being cranky is worth too much.
cheers emma the bottle was half empty lol

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`d have made an excuse and left. Drunks can turn nasty.
we tried, and she followed us. eventually she went to sit on some stairs to finish her bottle
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Oh it's true about Buckfast in Scotland then is it?
I live about 8 miles from where it's made and thought it was a myth!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh it's true about Buckfast in Scotland then is it?
I live about 8 miles from where it's made and thought it was a myth!
yep, its true lol. there is always people walking around with bottles of it at night (either that or cans of strongbow). mainly neds that drink it though
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >