Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 10:19 AM

Teeth

God invented some marvellous things when he made us, but I really feel he should have researched teeth a little better.

I brush my teeth religiously every morning, every night and after meals (when I can, or chew gum when I can't), and yet I have more fillings in my mouth than I have teeth!

Over the last year I have had 4 teeth removed, countless abcesses and three root canals. Yesterday I was in agony yet again with what I thought was an abcess, get into the dentists this morning, have more x-rays to be told that I have decay under the filling of a tooth so have to have that replaced with a temporary filling and go back next month for root canal, which will result in the need for another crown.

Apart from the pain from the bad teeth, then the pain at the dentist, the cost is astronomical and, as I'm not earning anything at the moment, seems so much worse.

I wonder if he had his chance again whether God would choose to make teeth out of something different
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Aaawwww Sheree,

I really feel for you hun . . . I clean my teeth regularly but I have a thing about dentists . . . .I hate them . . . . !!! . . I haven't been for at least 20 years . . . . . . I have lost countless teeth through sporting injuries . . ie. kicked out when playing football but I still won't go and get them fixed . . I am getting more and more conscious of this now though and don't smile very often . . . . . If I ever came into a lot of money (fat chance of that happening) . . . I would have all my teeth removed and replaced with enamel venniers . . I know I will only have to have one or two sessions with the Dentist / orthodentist but I could be brave enough for that.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Sorry to hear your having so much problems with your teeth, hope you are feeling better soon.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Penry View Post
Aaawwww Sheree,

I really feel for you hun . . . I clean my teeth regularly but I have a thing about dentists . . . .I hate them . . . . !!! . . I haven't been for at least 20 years . . . . . . I have lost countless teeth through sporting injuries . . ie. kicked out when playing football but I still won't go and get them fixed . . I am getting more and more conscious of this now though and don't smile very often . . . . . If I ever came into a lot of money (fat chance of that happening) . . . I would have all my teeth removed and replaced with enamel venniers . . I know I will only have to have one or two sessions with the Dentist / orthodentist but I could be brave enough for that.
Thanks Shane, those that you describe look lovely, I always say to Clive that I'd like them. Luckily my front teeth look ok its the ones I reallyneed to eat with that are playing me up...I should be skin and bones really

Originally Posted by kobebear View Post
Sorry to hear your having so much problems with your teeth, hope you are feeling better soon.
Thanks so mucj xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I can sympathise totally as I have had endless trouble with all my back teeth just like you. Many have now been removed the rest have huge fillings, yet I have always looked after them and my front teeth are fine and healthy.
I have said to my dentist I just want all my double teeth out now I am fed up of all the pain expense and suffering I go through with them . He thinks thats too drastic LOL, but you do get to that point.
A lot of its in the genes I think as to how your teeth are, although my dad always used to say we brush them too much, and likens brushing your teeth to stones on the beach, they get worn away quite quickly.
I have to say he never really ever used to brush his teeth but his breath always smelt fresh and his teeth were really white.
We finally got him to the dentist 3 yrs ago and the dentist said his teeth were amazing and healthy, he just gave them a polish.
That was the start of my dads downfall and he started brushing his teeth twice a day. after a year of that he needed a filling and has had a few since. He regrets the day he listened to us.
Good luck with yours and Hugs. Yes definetly a design fault on gods part
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I can sympathise totally as I have had endless trouble with all my back teeth just like you. Many have now been removed the rest have huge fillings, yet I have always looked after them and my front teeth are fine and healthy.
I have said to my dentist I just want all my double teeth out now I am fed up of all the pain expense and suffering I go through with them . He thinks thats too drastic LOL, but you do get to that point.
A lot of its in the genes I think as to how your teeth are, although my dad always used to say we brush them too much, and likens brushing your teeth to stones on the beach, they get worn away quite quickly.
I have to say he never really ever used to brush his teeth but his breath always smelt fresh and his teeth were really white.
We finally got him to the dentist 3 yrs ago and the dentist said his teeth were amazing and healthy, he just gave them a polish.
That was the start of my dads downfall and he started brushing his teeth twice a day. after a year of that he needed a filling and has had a few since. He regrets the day he listened to us.
Good luck with yours and Hugs. Yes definetly a design fault on gods part
I knew I wasn't the only one on Dogsey to have these problems, I can always sympathise when others write up about their teeth, and I know what you've been through with yours...Clive doesn't really look after his teeth and is always eating sweets...I haven't had any in ages because of my diet, yet he never, ever has toothache...it just isn't fair, is it? xx
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I wish you hadn't mentioned teeth. Its time I braved the dentist again.
I do try to take care of them, but she always makes me feel guilty. 'We'll have to give them a bit of a clean, tut tut.' I feel as if she thinks I ignore them the rest of the time.
Sheree, I do sympathise with you. You've had so many problems there can't be anything left to do to you
A bit of me hates dentists so much I feel as if I should be paid for going. They've got it the wrong way round.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
I wish you hadn't mentioned teeth. Its time I braved the dentist again.
I do try to take care of them, but she always makes me feel guilty. 'We'll have to give them a bit of a clean, tut tut.' I feel as if she thinks I ignore them the rest of the time.
Sheree, I do sympathise with you. You've had so many problems there can't be anything left to do to you
A bit of me hates dentists so much I feel as if I should be paid for going. They've got it the wrong way round.
Aww thanks Janice...I said to Clive that he shouldn't worry cos I'll be like a stepford wife by the time they've finished taking bits out of me and replacing them with other bits

I know what you mean though, they always ask if I floss, I say yes but they look as if they don't believe me
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Awww Sheree I know what you mean. I am so looking forward to having false teeth. I envy my oldies with them, as most never take them out so you'd never know.

I had a tooth out last Friday. It was £215 to keep it or £65 to treat the root canal and then pull it, so it had to go. My dentist depsiars as I was chuckling away saying 'Another tooth nearer my dentures!' lol

I'd love veneers but you have to keep having them redone at £1000's a time so will never be able to afford those I'm afraid.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh Sheree don't talk to me about teeth, i'm having a blast with mine at the moment and I brush, floss and 2 diff kinds of mouthwash twice a day and after meals if I can, i'm paranoid about dental hygeine, it's just top of the list for me, I cannot stand dirty teeth or people with bad teeth, just one of those things. Everyone sees your teeth and although you can't help if you are beautiful or ugly, you can help clean or dirty teeth!

So I am waiting for a root canal to be finished, a crown fitted as the tooth went and ruddy broke in half. 2 more fillings, another root canal or possible extraction.

Most of it is from when I was younger and used to open beer bottles with my back teeth, stupid I know (now, 8 years too late) and from having 3 piercings in my mouth which damaged a lot of the enamel. Then I have a weird thing where I grew too my teeth as a kid, 4 too many, had to have 4 removed when my big teeth came through, so my mouth is overcrowded now my wisdom teeth have came in (sort of) and as the molars are so squished together it's hard to floss between some of them, which leads to problems. I also have chips all over my teeth from both the beer bottle incidents (molars) and the piercings (front teeth), especially the two front middle ones, they were always a bit on the large size for me but are chipped to bits now and consequently rather smaller than they were once upon a time.

Think he should have made them out of metal.

I'm totally paranoid about looking like a pirate when I get this crown done.

So know how ya feel hun, I could rant about teeth all day, doesn't help i'm petrified of the dentist either.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >