Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2009, 05:16 PM

Who says Beagles can't be trained?

I called my little one-year-old Beagle boy, Biggles, in from the garden. The moment I called he was at my feet. He must have instantly stopped what he was doing and ran into the kitchen to see what I wanted. "Wonderful!" I thought - we're really making progress with that recall. Then he turned around and I noticed, errr, not sure how to put this....let's just say he had an extra brown tail hanging from his bum!

A lesser dog would finish his dump before responding to his mistresses call. But not my little Beagle boy!

Now that's what I call a well trained Beagle

Biggles - the well trained Beagle

(Mental note to self - look before calling the dogs in future)
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 05:22 PM
rofl!!!! bless him
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Pharaoh's the same.. He's been known to poop while at full gallop back to me! Try picking that up on a walk!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Lol thats funny!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Beagles are Fantastic

Look at this on utube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-PcUAG_CMw

Theres some that compete in this country too!!!!

Fantastic Pic of biggles!
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2009, 07:44 PM
We don't compete in obedience with our two, although they are getting pretty good! But here they are in their very first flyball comp at the weekend:

http://vimeo.com/6019759

The older one (22 months) started flyball classes a few months back. We started taking the little one along to watch and do little bits suited to his age. He's only been joining in classes properly for a very short time.

They also do agility, lure-coursing, racing....and even a little bit of heelwork to music. They're very quick to learn. The difficult bit is getting them to do as they're told when they aren't in the mood. Sometimes they just look at you as if to say "What's in it for me?". But we're getting there!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Awww! Ha, bless him!!

Takara just gives me one of 'those' looks if I call her when she's even thinking about pooping!

As far as she's concerned, I can wait until she's found the right spot, turned on it a few times, settled down, readjustered herself, altered spot and eventually done the deed before I have any chance of a recalling dally!
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Ha ha i know that problem we have the same usually when he has been eating grass, kobe is a beagle x and sometimes does as he is told but more often than not doesnt.