Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 07:29 AM

Puppy Farmers - online

Choose a puppy from the comfort of your armchair and have it delivered to your door!

I couldn't believe this when I saw it:

[link removed, we do not wish to promote or advertise this kind of site ]
This company is based in Stoke on Trent

I didn't know where to post it so hope this is the right section and that Dogsey will allow the link - if not then I hope a few people will see it before its removed.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 07:36 AM
I saw that earlier on in the week,the amount of breeds they have is truely shameful.I know quite a few have complained to the KC about them,They also claim they are accredited breeders
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I can't believe that people still fall for it. I discovered this last week. Unbelievable and because they know nothing they have a standard shop software package so the pups are referred to as product
Becky
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 07:54 AM
From what I have read on the site - they don't breed all the dogs there but have small outside breeders breeding for them.

So really, to them the dogs are a product that they are retailing.

Are the dogs KC registered does anyone know? I think the KC code of code of practice states that you mustn't sell through a third party.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2009, 08:04 AM
My goodness what has the world come to! I cannot believe you can just order a dog online and have it delivered.
I'm all for making shopping easier, but that is a step too far. What happens if you dont like the pup when delivered, stick a stamp on its bum and send it back!
Im sorry if I sound flippant, but this is just wrong, in every sense of the word. Whats next bag a baby for delivery on any given date?
Grrrrrrrr this makes me so-o-o mad.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Horrible.

Do you think maybe the link should be removed as in essence it's giving these scum more advertising.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm disgusted that anyone wuld even consider doing thiws to dogs.

Their website states :
"Our pups our sourced from carefully selected small family breeders (who breed less than 4 litters per year) and registered breeders..."

I doubt very much athat any reputable breeder could or would sell through a third party. After all, don't most already ahve homes befor ethey are born?? I've already paid a deposit for my Akita pup who hasn't been conceived yet!

Laura xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 08:24 AM
All puppies are registered with DLRC as they are pets only
Becky
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
All puppies are registered with DLRC as they are pets only
Becky
Yes I just found that bit.

As for removing the link - I don't know. People on this forum are serious about dogs and wouldn't condone this sort of commercial enterprise, so I don't think putting the link on is giving them any free publicity.

However, if people do feel the link should be removed then I am sure Admin would be happy to do this - I don't mind either way.

I just find the whole set up deplorable. It wants showing up and stopping somehow.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2009, 08:50 AM
The 'who breed less than 4 litters a year' gets me!!! 1 litter is hard work, 4 would induce a nervous breakdown, that's if they are looking after mum and pups in the house which is what it implies. From the sound of it they are not really home bred dogs at all, they are probably small commercial family run establishments set up to supply them with their 'product'
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >