Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
m935
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2009, 02:48 PM

wondering if too many natural remedies is safe

I just bought Rescue Remedy for my dog who can get very nervous sometimes.

Im also debating on getting Nutri vet bladder control which contains
Pumpkin Seed Powder 125 mg, Rehmannia Root 120 mg, Wild Yam Extract 100 mg, Soy Protein Concentrate 40 mg, Saw Palmetto Extract 30 mg, Cranberry Extract 25 mg, Vitamin C 20 mg, Inactive Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Pork Liver, Beef Liver, Stearic Acid, Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Natural Smoked Ham Flavor, Sucrose, Magnesium Stearate

My reason for this is - even though i wrote a post saying she was going outside less often - she has in 3 weeks wet the bed twice. (last night being hte 2nd time). I know now that this is not ok and she needs help.

Would anyone see a problem with using both products. The relief remedy is an all natural spray.

THANKS
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 06:00 PM
There are certain natural remedies that can not be used together, the shop (if thats where your buying from) should be able to tell you.
Hope you don't mind me asking, but has a vet said that she has a weak bladder or something like that, becasue I am confused as to why she is going LESS frequent
m935
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2009, 06:09 PM
i wrote another post about how she is eating MORE and generally peeing LESS often.

Except in these 2 situation where she has peed on my bed!! I thoguht the first time she was asleep - but i know last night she was not. She ALWAYS lets me know when she has to go out. This is just weird and very worrisome. I htought I would at least try these natural pills.

Im thinking because they are sold at pet stores - that it shouldnt be a big deal to try. But did want to double check using 2 natural products together (for different problems).

I would buy them at different stores by the way - so I wouldnt know who to ask now.

Im still looking for a good vet and hate going to the one im going to now...

THANKS
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by m935 View Post
i wrote another post about how she is eating MORE and generally peeing LESS often.

Except in these 2 situation where she has peed on my bed!! I thoguht the first time she was asleep - but i know last night she was not. She ALWAYS lets me know when she has to go out. This is just weird and very worrisome. I htought I would at least try these natural pills.

Im thinking because they are sold at pet stores - that it shouldnt be a big deal to try. But did want to double check using 2 natural products together (for different problems).

I would buy them at different stores by the way - so I wouldnt know who to ask now.

Im still looking for a good vet and hate going to the one im going to now...

THANKS
I see, sorry I missed your other post. Finding a good vet can be hard, but is there anyone (neighbours, friends etc) who could reccommend one. I don't know how old she is, or whether there are any other symptoms, but I think I would get a urine sample and ask for it to be checked at a vets. Depending on the outcome I would also be tempted to get a blood test run. Then if something is wrong medically or not you have a option of treating it with natural remedies.

Even bought at different shops, the assistants should be able to tell you whether they can be used together, or maybe you could find out off the website.
It would worry me if she has always been a ''clean'' dog that something maybe wrong medically. Hope that has been of some help, good luck
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I find advice given by shop assistants in pets stores is often unreliable. Perhaps contacting the likes of this website:
http://www.holisticpetsupplies.co.uk/herbal.php
might be of help. They were very helpful with various questions I had in the past regarding remedies for my dog.

Is she deliberately urinating on the bed, or is it happening when she's lying down? Is she spayed? I would recommend taking along a urine sample to a vet with her to have her checked out. Good luck in finding a new, nicer vet.