View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 08:58 AM

How I have changed! (But Bryan is still a git)

Walking up the lane this morning, a guy is coming towards us with a rottie. He just had a finger hooked in his dog's collar so I thought he'll probably let go when he sees I don't put my dogs on leads.

Just as we got up to him, Bryan growled and ran up to the rottie so the man let go of the collar. There was a little scuffle, but no biggy. The dogs were all fine 10 seconds later.

My initial reaction when the man let go of his dog was 'Oh my god! He's letting go of his dog!' but I then thought, no it's Bryan who's being a sh1t and it serves him right if he gets told off by the rottie This all went through my mind in about 2 seconds!

As I was walking past, the man smiled at me and I said to his dog 'You take no notice of him son'

For some reason Bryan thinks if the other dog is restrained in any way that gives him carte blanche to growl at it. He's much better than he used to be though and I was really pleased with how my perception of things has changed.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 09:01 AM
I think all of us have had moments like that and it takes a lot of restraint sometimes not to intervene. Well done you!
Becky