View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2009, 10:24 PM

Fudge has sore spots, itching alot. Advice please?

Fudge has been scratching herself in two areas over the last couple of days. If you imagine her standing and lifting her rear leg towards her ribcage it is there on both sides. I have checked for fleas and can't find any or any flea dirt.It is possible that she has come into contact witha building product that has irritated her but I think it is unlikely.

She has some very small red spots on one side, not at all raised and could just be where her nails have been.

Any ideas on what it might be? If a skin irritation how can I relieve it for her?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I have just had another look at her at there seem to be quite a lot of the small red spots but there is also a larger raised spot that appears to have a black head on it that is harder.Without sounding gross if it was a spot on me I would pick at it as it seems that the black part is under the skin.When I messed around with it she was uncomforatble with me doing so.

I am very perplexed now........
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Hi Fudgeley it has been quite warm the last couple of days and the fleas and insects will be starting to appear so it could be flea bites.

Do you think the one large spot with a black top might be a mole you haven't noticed before and not connected to the other spots?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Aww yup Ben is an itchy dog and it is horrible to watch them itch

It could be bites or an allergy to something - I know some dogs are alregic to the morning dew on the grass

I have tried just about everything but found aloe vera gell works the best for itches

- could the spot be a nipple?? Ben has a couple that sound just like that - pigment on the top
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-03-2009, 12:35 AM
When did you last treat her Rach ?

As Mini says it's that time of year so I wouldn't rule out the flea bites.

I did ours as we found a couple on Breagh and Fingal just after we came back from visiting you LOL

It's probably a two way thing but the house spray is worth doing too.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Well I thought of two things Rach.

One (which everyone has said) flea bite, which has coursed a reactions.
Or could it be dust from all the work your having done, I know there is alot of dust here from the old plaster etc.,

I used tea tree shampoo and spray, when these have anything like that and it seems to relieve it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Cassie gets hot spots at certain times of the year and we have a medicated shampoo and I also slather her with sudocreme and it seems to help xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 07:05 AM
I will give her another check over in thexdaylight. I am surprised that it is just two specific areas,symmetrical too. I will do thecflea thing and speak to my pet shop lady about a shampoo. The dust thing had passed through my mind too.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 07:31 AM
I find aloe gel helps too.

Also, when Len had an itchy patch on his pink tum, I used human anti-histamine cream - just a thin sliver - and it did the world of good.

Not much help though if the itching is under the fur....

Hope Fudge gets sorted soon, Rach x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm having this problem with Amy at the moment, its def not flea's as all have been treated, she is scratching in exactly the same spots you mentioned.

I am giving her a bath with flea shampoo (just in case) today, i have been putting tea tree cream on the sore spots which seems to relieve the itching for a while, also sudocrem works quite well too.

Unless she is allergic to something, I have no idea what it could be either.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >