Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 09:52 AM

Staying at other houses with a pup.

He doesn't know it yet but Monty is going to be in his element next weekend or at least I hope he will!

On Friday night we're off to Shrewsbury for the weekend to see my sister for a few days. Monty therefore gets two whole days of playing with Auntie Bess and Uncle Bert who are my sisters staffie and rottie. He's met Bess (staffie) before at Xmas when he was only 12 weeks old and they got on like a house on fire. Bert the rottie loves other dogs so I'm hoping they will get on too.

Then on Sunday morning we're going to visit the breeder we got him from and he'll be seeing his fur mummy which im looking forward to as it will be interesting to see how they respond to each other.

I just hope he's ok staying at someone elses house for a few days. He was fine when we stayed at my mums over Xmas. Has anyone else got experiences of similar situations or any tips to make the whole weekend run smoothly??

I'm really excited about going and also taking him to see the breeder but also can't help worrying it will be disastrous.

I will be taking my camera so there will be plenty of photos of his fun weekend.
esmegirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I hope you all Have Fun!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Looking forward to the piccies...
I'm sure everything will be fine, it'll be a home from home xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Ooooh, I did that once! (You notice I said once!) I also had 2 young children.
The pup chewed through the phone wires, the kids dismantled the burglar alarm without it going off and dropped the batteries in the fish tank thereby killing the fish, and while we were apologising for that the 3 culprits were upstairs unwinding their artificial christmas tree. Do you have any idea how much stuff is in the average plastic christmas tree.
I asked the hosts about it years later and they said they found the whole thing hilarious. They went on to have kids and get a dog so I don`t think it scarred them for life.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Ha ha that's brill!! I forgot to mention that my sister has two kids as well!! I just hope the weather is good so the dogs can play out in the garden!!

It's the sleeping arrangements that worry me most. Bert and bess share a basket in the sense that bert has the basket and bess sleeps on top of him so not sure where Monty will fit into that arrangement! My sister said he can sleep up with us and I'm hoping he'll be so tired from playing that he won't need to go out during the night!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 11:07 AM
They will be fine, just you relax and then they will, have fun....lots of pics
Elaine x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 11:33 AM
We take Fudge and the threee kids up to Phil's. I think the best bit of advice is to follow their lead. The dogs will get to kown each other in their time and space. Outside is better than in.For sleeping I am sure Monty will just flop where he feels happiest. At least you are with family.

We once went to stay with a friend who doies not have any pets and she showed quite clearly where Fudge could sleep. It was out the back in her utility area. This would have meant we were upstairs and at the other end of the house. I politely replied that if anyone wanted any sleep she would be batter up with us. She was a little shocked but we all slept fine.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I'd have been a bit put out as well if Monty was asked to sleep in the utility!! And like Fudge, he'd have howled the place down!!

I think i'm more worried about how everything will fit in the car now!! Forgot we'd have to pack stuff for the dog as well now!