Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 05:54 PM

Reflexology what am I to expect?

I have been given a course of reflexology by my local carers association. They start at the end of April and I get 5 sesssions, 1 a week.
Does anyone know, or are relexologists? What am I to expect? What does it entail and will it hurt
Elaine xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I have been given a course of reflexology by my local carers association. They start at the end of April and I get 5 sesssions, 1 a week.
Does anyone know, or are relexologists? What am I to expect? What does it entail and will it hurt
Elaine xx
Massaging of the feet with essential oils.
Eeeuch.
Well I don't like my feet being touched, I don't like touchy feely things (which was how I felt about my reflexologist) and I don't like essential oils!

Ahhh you will love it and it will relax you and make you feel a million dollars (thats what I was told )
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2009, 06:01 PM
You won't like it elaine.
I suggest you have it transferred into
my name, then after 4 sessions i'll give you my verdict
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Massaging of the feet with essential oils.
Eeeuch.
Well I don't like my feet being touched, I don't like touchy feely things (which was how I felt about my reflexologist) and I don't like essential oils!

Ahhh you will love it and it will relax you and make you feel a million dollars (thats what I was told )
I love my feet being rubbed so this should be nice....I thought it was prodding and poking

Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
You won't like it elaine.
I suggest you have it transferred into
my name, then after 4 sessions i'll give you my verdict
What you like....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 06:16 PM
I wasn't poked
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Pat (MissE) is a reflexologist - I suggest you PM her for info, or nudge her in the direction of this post
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Depends on the level of qualification of the person doing it as to what you can expect - but under no circumstances should any reflexologist use essential oils. Then you are getting an aromatherapy foot massage.
How do I know? I'm a reflexologist, qualified and trained to Advanced standard and on the Register of Advanced Reflexologists.

( thanks Vicki, I spotted the post )
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry Pat, it is all of 10/11 years ago that I had reflexology. I'm getting old you know and my memory fails me
Tell us all about it
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 06:38 PM
As I said Nippy, depends on the person doing.
There are Light Touch reflexologists who do what it says, use a really light touch. Some clients like that and feel so relaxed they fall asleep. Others find a really light touch irritating like being tickled with a feather.
Advanced reflexologists tend to use a deep pressure treatment, but never to the point of making someone hurt so they pull away. More like a really firm grip. ( Advanced people can do the light touch too if you prefer it.)

If you can imagine a pin cushion and all the pins barely in, the treatment is a bit like someone pressing all those pins in one at a time until they sit comfortably. So a press, release, press, release all over the foot.

That ring any bells?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Maybe it was a light touch session I had. Because I did find it irritating and ticklish.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >