Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 12:15 PM

Ummmm.... Wouldn't you be concerned???

I had to share this. It truely baffled me!!

I have probably posted on here about my neighbours "irish staffie" (whatever the hell that is) that is never walked and is kept out in the garden at all times. It is a very good dog, tolerates their 6 kids kicking footballs at it and mauling it, and doesnt bark at all so it annoys me that they aren't more appreciative of it! Its not very dog friendly, but i keep mine away from it so it doesnt bother me too much...

Anyway, i noticed that i havent seen it for a while. I cant really remember the last time i did see it, but it must have been a week ago... And i happened to go out of my house to leave for work at the same time my neighbour was getting his car (which he parks on my parking space ) to take his kids to school, so i thought i'd mention that, and ask how she was and he said to me..... "Oh, she wandered off a while ago" Just as if it was a normal occurance, you know?! I asked if he'd told the vets/dog warden/RSPCA etc etc to which, unsurprisingly he said no. I asked if he'd been out looking for her or put posters up (i havent seen any) and again... No! Asked if she was microchipped or tattooed... You can guess the answer

I mean seriously, I know they werent overly worried about caring for the dog, but to be totally unconcerned about it disappearing, thats bad!!! I told him i shall look out for it on my walks, but if i DO find it im almost tempted to take it straight to the animal shelter as it would have a better chance of a good home Poor little dog

Anyway, had to share as it was just such an odd conversation...
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I agree she may be better off with a recuse and a chance of a new home by the sounds of it! The only problem is that if she goes to a council pound she may not get that chance . . .

Can't believe they don't seem to care there dog is missing. I would be going mad with worry about either of mine.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Hopefully the dog was picked up and taken to a rescue. Poor thing.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Thats a shame, I would take it to a staffie rescue if I were you, if she ever turns up, poor thing...

I took Inka and Toro out this morning ten past six, when I was driving back into the street an hour later one of my nieghbours was in the process of shutting the back door after letting 2 dogs, no collars on out to wander, I didn't even know she had dogs, still annoying me just now cause surely they should show some kinda responsobility, they owe it to the dogs !! and we're only just away from the main rd !
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Lets face it with people like that they probably aren't bothered and think the dogs done them a favour by running off. Hopefully it was picked up and gets a better home
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Lets hope nothing more sinister has happened to it.Could just be me but it wasn't well cared for and they are showing a remarkable lack of concern from your description. poor dog.
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Lets hope nothing more sinister has happened to it.Could just be me but it wasn't well cared for and they are showing a remarkable lack of concern from your description. poor dog.
Sadly my first thought was they've dumped the poor dog
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I would definately look out for it and take it straight to rescue if i found it. It's then up to you whether you admit to the rescue where you know it comes from or not.....personally i wouldn't and i would take it to a rescue place as far from it's home as possible.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Personally I don`t believe it. How could the dog have `wandered off `?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Lets face it with people like that they probably aren't bothered and think the dogs done them a favour by running off. Hopefully it was picked up and gets a better home
Here here. I saw on old black lab wandering around on it's own yesterday, but I didn't have a spare lead and was in a rush to get home with my two so I just left it.

I'm tired of taking stray dogs back to their ungrateful owners. There are a lot of strays around here and the council do nothing about it
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >