Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sophinette
New Member!
Female 

08-03-2009, 02:15 PM

buying a pedigree puppy

Hello everybody,
I am going to buy a puppy - westie - predigree in a few weeks time. The dog will as a present for my mum who leaves in France. So now the question is: Does the pedigree in UK will be valid in France too? The question might sounds stupid to some of you but I never bought a puppy in UK before. I am french but have been leaving in UK for a while.
The other thing, when you buy a puppy over here at a breeder, does the breeder have the obligation to vaccinate and microchip the puppy? That it the way it is in France but from one country to the other it might change.
I will be very gratefull to all of you who will answer.
Thank you very much,
Sophinette
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Welcome to Dogsey
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey. Kc papers are recognised everywhere hun. the breeders underno obligation to microchip or vaccinate, if fact I dont vaccinate as routine as my vet likes to do them at 12 & 14 weeks and my pups leave at 8 weeks.
Good look with your new baby
Sophinette
New Member!
Female 

08-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Hi and welcome to Dogsey. Kc papers are recognised everywhere hun. the breeders underno obligation to microchip or vaccinate, if fact I dont vaccinate as routine as my vet likes to do them at 12 & 14 weeks and my pups leave at 8 weeks.
Good look with your new baby
Thank you very much for you reply, so does it means that by the time I get the puppy it will have no vaccination at all? So between the 8 weeks and the 12/14 period the puppy is not allowed to go outside? Wow there is a big difference between here and France but it doesn't matter I can't wait to have it.
Regards,
Sophinette
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Remember that the dog can`t come back into the UK until it has a pet passport, which takes 7 months minimum. Also your mother needs to have the dog chipped and have 3rd party insurance for France.
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Hello and welcome to Dogsy

Breeders here are under no obligation to vaccinate or microchip puppies. However they can put two endorsements on the KC registration document, one preventing registration of any progeny (puppies) and one preventing issue of an export pedigree - preventing registration with the Kennel Club of another country.

Does the breeder know you plan to export this puppy ? I personally would never sell a puppy to go abroad as a pet nor would I sell one as a present for someone else. Are you not able to purchase one in France ?

If the puppy is exported to France, you will not be able to return her to the UK without a Pet Passport. Please think hard before you go ahead.

Thalice's Mum