Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pennylane
New Member!
Male 

20-02-2009, 06:05 AM

Help

I am positng this message with a heavy heart looking for thoughts from anyone who might have some advice for us. My neighbor has 4 dogs, and yesterday while they were out of town I found their elderly cock a poo deceased in their home. They also have two min pins and a French Mastiff that has been in the home since she was 10 weeks old. She is now almost five. We assumed that the cock a poo had passed due to her age, and prepared to move on while grieving her loss. Today when they returned home they found their 7 year old min pin deceased in almost the same spot in the house. This was clearly the case of an attack of some type. The vet determined that she had been killed by the larger Mastiff. As you can imagine this is devasting for all, and it makes no sense. In her 4 years plus the French Mastiff has been the sweetest and most wonderful dog to the other dogs that she grew up with. She is a dog that absolutely loves children and has never shown any agressive behaviour at all. Please let me know if yiou have any thougts as there is still one small dog in the houe and they are searching for what is the best action to take. The dogs are now seperated, and the min pin seems to have no fear or concern with the Mastiff.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 06:35 AM
their are only a couple of actions that we can advise over the net at this time:
dogs separate when not at home, have the mastiff checked over for any medical problems, and contact a visiting dog behaviourist (your vet could recommend one?).
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 07:11 AM
I agree with Krusewalker.

What a terrible thing to happen.......
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Sorry no advice, how sad for you all.

Welcome xx
justjess
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-02-2009, 08:14 PM
can i just ask
if you thought she had passed on due to age then theere was ovousbly no signs of anything so how could the other dog have killed her?