Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2009, 02:49 PM

The RBS are asking for more cash

I think not they've had enough of our tax cash already, let them sink beneath their waves of debt is what I say.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-02-2009, 04:55 PM
I tend to agree with you, trouble is if they go down they will inevitably take a few more with them. I'm with Lloyds and they were doing OK until GB forced them into taking over HBOS now they have had to take the tax payers money, and might need more as well. It's all that Scottish guys fault, no not Gordon Brown * but John Law, he it was who 'invented' money in it's current form of course I don't think even he could imagine how profligate and irresponsible the modern money men could be Let's all go back to trading in Gold, now there is something that's real, there would be no toxic assets if we had all been using Gold

* Just for the record I think GB has a lot to answer for, while he was writing of trillions owed to us from other nations he was studiously ignoring the 'real world' problems.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 05:14 PM
And to top it all because they fear that they wont get their bonus's they want a 10% pay rise, they should be paying us!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
And to top it all because they fear that they wont get their bonus's they want a 10% pay rise, they should be paying us!!
That produced a wry smile with me too. The cheek of it