Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
willow_pheonix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2005, 09:23 PM

how huffy is your dog

Today i took Tess to the pet shop for a nice new collar. All the pink ones were too small, i think she'd look great in pink she's black/brindle with white chest and socks. The others wern't nice at all so she never got it. In the shop she went in a huff and sat with her back too me. Just as we wre leaving she has a tantrum, yep an 11 year old staffie giving it full bark in the shop while looking at the collars the girls 9in the shop thought it was hilarious, she wouldn't move, i had to pick her up and carry her out and she is no lightweight dog. Who else has huffy dogs here
Diane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2005, 10:21 PM
mine can be huffy but have a long way to go to get to Tess' level, pmsl, the old fart throwing a strop
Bobby-Digital
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-05-2005, 11:48 PM
O my god, at last i find a dog as huffy as my Dino the staffy !

I think most staffies are really clever and master manipulators. God knows Dino is !
Dino is constantly looking at me and huffing. If he hasn't got attention he will let you know. He is very vocal, he is constantly trying to talk. I don't mean barking but those weird noises they make. Speaking of huffing , how stubborn are these dogs ?
I think Dino's main problem is he has constantly got attention and he uses his powers to the fullest. he once went in a huff for 2 days straight !
His main problem is with his food. he uses not eating his food a s a power game. He has been this way since a puppy. He has realised that him not eating his food causes me major agro i think. I have tryed every sort of food , mixed it with everything. Just fed him his food. taken it away after 10 minutes. Everything ! He doesn't get craps or treats either. he gets a treat if he eats his food and he knows that, cause after he has eaten it he comes and tells me. I have talked to a behaviourist over the phone and they say he is very clever and playing mind games with me !
I think i will have to get a behaviourist in ! Bloody staffy's LOL
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2005, 05:40 AM
Star is brilliant at huffs. She sits and faces the wall if she is given into trouble or is not allowed something it looks even funnier when she puts on her petted lip.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Once again, gypsy is my huffy one, she will sit in her bed,back to me, every now and then turns and gives me a dirty look and turns her back on me again..usually its because I will not let her have something she wants...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 08:15 AM

queen of huffs...this dog can sulk like no child i have ever known
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Awwww bless !!!

Scrumpy is the king of huffs! My if he doesnt get his way, lol strops for hours!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2005, 08:20 AM
with a face like that i don't believe you.
all dogs can ours don't huff as such they make stupid noises to get your attention,toby is best at blocking the view of the t.v "look at me"
holly is a talker and the more you say "quiet" the more she does it.........bless that or you get the nose up the bum.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 08:21 AM
true gems and leo .she is very unforgivivng ...we went away for 4 days last year and she refused to eat at my dads....when we got home she wouldn't even greet me sat facing the wall for 2 days with a face that said .......how dare you go and leave me !!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2005, 08:23 AM
lol but you love her really...........you should take her with you!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >