Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2010, 01:05 PM

Feeling like Bear has turned a corner

Hi all. It's been a while since I have updated you all about Bear. He is now 7 months old and weights 38kgs. He recently went back to the Vets for a check up and he still appears to have the heart murmer. The vet has suggested further tests to evaluate the extent of the condition. Which we plan to have done in a few months time due to finances. We have struggled with trying to decide if we should keep him or return him to the breeder because we felt that we did not have a completely healthy pup. We agreed with the breeder to assess him again in the new year which we have done. Relations with them are now very strained as we raised with them the possibility of a part-refund. It has been a very difficult time especially I think because we got him so soon after Ben was pts after a very difficult illness and we actually collected Bear the day after my Mum's funeral.
However, Bear is doing very well and we are very encouraged that he appears to be developing well.
If you remember we had a bit of a rough time at the training class I had started taking him to and in the end I could not face going anymore. It was relief to finally make that decision. Bear trains well at home and there have been a lot of improvement in the last few weeks. He has also started a short training course with Mic Martin from TV's Dog Borstal. Overall things are going well and we are pleased to have him in our family. He is calming down a lot now which is fantastic and definately feels part of the family. He is a totally different character to what Ben was and it has been very difficult to not make comparisons. I am still missing Ben very much and Bear has definately not been a replacement for him. Will try and get some pictures up soon.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Read about your training with Mic Martin, I am so glad things are improving....well done to Bear, and lovely to hear your feeling brighter with things xxxxxxxxxxxxxx